The Board of GMs

Post yer RPs here.

If you have a nomination, post it in the thread.

Poll ended at Fri May 02, 2014 11:22 am

Tiel
No votes
Ach
82%
Another polling for all three members.
18%

Total votes: 11

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: The Board of GMs

Post by Iv121 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Prob is again you can't decide how much time an individual page is, you have no idea if your RP is gonna survive 10 pages or 100, you have no idea how to divide that time properly and that is the least of all problems and inconsistencies you gonna meet.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Iv121 wrote:Prob is again you can't decide how much time an individual page is, you have no idea if your RP is gonna survive 10 pages or 100, you have no idea how to divide that time properly and that is the least of all problems and inconsistencies you gonna meet.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Iv. The format has not been established. At all. if you have a suggestion, fine, but youre trying to blow holes in something that doesn't exist yet.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:51 pm

catsonmeth wrote:Iv. The format has not been established. At all. if you have a suggestion, fine, but youre trying to blow holes in something that doesn't exist yet.
prob is a hole is an electric charge carrier with a positive charge, equal in magnitude but opposite in polarity to the charge on the electron. A hole forms in an atom when an electron moves from the so-called valence band into the conduction band. In the processing of conduction, the number of charge carriers can be increased by a process known as doping, which consists of adding minute amounts of elements called impurities. Certain impurities, when added to a semiconducting element such as silicon, increase the number of electrons and produce an N-type material; other impurities increase the number of holes in the plan for this roleplay.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:14 am

Chairman Tiel wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:Iv. The format has not been established. At all. if you have a suggestion, fine, but youre trying to blow holes in something that doesn't exist yet.
prob is a hole is an electric charge carrier with a positive charge, equal in magnitude but opposite in polarity to the charge on the electron. A hole forms in an atom when an electron moves from the so-called valence band into the conduction band. In the processing of conduction, the number of charge carriers can be increased by a process known as doping, which consists of adding minute amounts of elements called impurities. Certain impurities, when added to a semiconducting element such as silicon, increase the number of electrons and produce an N-type material; other impurities increase the number of holes in the plan for this roleplay.
Iv can blow it. He has teh technology.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:18 am

catsonmeth wrote:
Chairman Tiel wrote:
Iv can blow it. He has teh technology.
prob is "technology" is relative so his tech level might not even be beyond clubs and rocks.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:16 am

Chairman Tiel wrote:
prob is "technology" is relative so his tech level might not even be beyond clubs and rocks.
Wanna inverse roles ?

Eh must say its fun being on your side, though our sides are not that different, all you try to do all day is find holes in what I write, at least my holes are staying on topic so unless you really wanna inverse roles with ME I suggest you to quit it and instead focus on actually filling those holes.

@Cats it doesn't matter if it exists or not, those problems won't go away by the time you make that body, plus you can consider it as already existing because as far as I know this matter was already accepted before it was even posted here.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:35 am

Iv121 wrote:
Chairman Tiel wrote:
Wanna inverse roles ?

Prob is that doesn't even work lol.

Try again.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:59 am

Okay!

Tiel, Cats, I'm not sure if you're trolling Iv or just being off topic, but either way, tone it down, please

Iv, you're not helping unless you have suggested solutions for the problems you're pointing out, and if all you do is whine, you'll be ignored.

Now, you can continue your RP planning and such.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:05 am

Cats is fine, I'm just being annoying. I'll stop, sorry.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:44 am

Icelandic Perehelion wrote: Iv, you're not helping unless you have suggested solutions for the problems you're pointing out, and if all you do is whine, you'll be ignored.
Well pointing out the problem is a start, solutions are much harder and perhaps some collective thinking can help it but you will get nowhere good if you don't even know those problems exist. Usually it causes things to go spectacularly wrong in RPs, like it happened in the first empire RP where a moment before the biggest space battle you've ever seen starts figures we don't even have a combat system. I come with like two fleets of 2 dreads, 12 cruisers, numbers like that, another dude: 1 fleet - 20 SUPERDREADS 400 CRUISERS 8000 FRIGATES AAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!1!1!!!11!1! something like that, well it wasn't his fault there just wasn't a ready combat system, as a result whole RP goes down the toilet.

You can ignore me ofc but that won't mean the problems will go away.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:34 am

Iv121 wrote:
Icelandic Perehelion wrote: Iv, you're not helping unless you have suggested solutions for the problems you're pointing out, and if all you do is whine, you'll be ignored.
Well pointing out the problem is a start, solutions are much harder and perhaps some collective thinking can help it but you will get nowhere good if you don't even know those problems exist.
What he's trying to say, simply put, is that since you pointed out the problem in the first place, you'd be best suit to suggest a solution to said problem, but if you don't suggest a solution, and are just "whining", you will become ignored because you are no longer being productive to the discussion. Cats, as far as I can tell, is having a sort of "We'll cross the bridge when we come to it" sort of thing going on, where while this is an issue that may come up, we won't and can't know it will be an issue with the finalized version, which will no doubt go under many revisions so as to address problems such as this and others. He's saying we can't know if this will be a problem with the system, because the system doesn't exist, and, as with all things nonexistent, it has no problems or solutions.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:37 am

The GMs are, oddly enough, quite capable of realizing and identifying problems.

So perhaps you could say "I think that X is going to happen too much in RPs, why not use method Y to solve that?" And refine the possible solution, instead of "X is a problem and you haven't solved it."

And again, there are tons of issues with RPs, but until we have a basic system to play said RPs, there's no way to solve problems that occur except throuh everybody agreeing not to do X.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:18 am

Just dom't blow it like with first RP.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:42 am

Please define 'first RP', I feel that with 'first RP' you mean the first RP on this forum, while everyone else would think of the original RP back on the old forum.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied