Poll, Lore Reset

Post yer RPs here.

Should the Futurecraft RP Lore be reset?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:35 am

Yes, Reset the lore
46%
No, do not reset the lore
15%
Yes, but keep the current RP
38%
Other (Post Below)
No votes

Total votes: 13

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Poll, Lore Reset

Post by Prototype » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:07 pm

catsonmeth wrote:Even if they are just names. Names matter.
Crap, I'm screwed.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

(I'm back, maybe.)
Spoiler:
~2100 Arslania currently holding 2 colonies within their home system
~2200 Arslania Conquers several minor factions within 20 ly at start's calling itself an empire
~2300 Arslania now holds 28 colonies in 6 systems
~2400 Arslania now holds 60 clonies in 30 systems
~2450 Arslania decides to research genetic engineering
~2500 The solari are the result of the experiment succeeding, with a life span of ~300 years, a temperature tolerance of 20-300 degrees C, but a massive vulnerability to diseases, and a large caloric intake @~5000 cal/day
2527 Arslania suffered massive defeat at strgiforme hands, causing massive decline from this point forward.
~2550 The Solari are deployed to colonise several previously uninhabitable planets.
~2600 Rebellion against Arslania occurs
~2650 Arslania's remnants are destroyed at the hand of the Solari Colonies.
~2655 Most of the Solari Colonies coalesce into a single faction
~2660 a hypernova occurs from the Solari's homeplanet's star destroying 98% of the population
2662 the remnants of the Solari contact MQB for assistance, which was granted
2663 Warp signatures occur in MQB's territory, but the Solari do not arrive
2752: The Solari arrive with no recollection of them dissapearing, and all systems' dates are recorded as 2663.
Last edited by Solar112 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:37 pm

I think I'll crowbar myself in when everyone else has decided, I kind of did that in the first place so...

Also welcome back to hell solar.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:LJS insisted on his faction being an OP galaxy-ruling powerhouse, which resulted in an agreement that LJSI must never have contact with any other faction. This was achieved by locating it in 'a galaxy far, far away', so that point either makes your faction OP (for being able to travel such distances) or introduces an overpowered element (LJSI) which both would not even fit into the lore.
LJSI exists more to be a plot device than anything else. You guys pretty much settled on Strigiforme as the powerful lone enemy faction, but LJSI can do that too if you ever want something different. I don't really RP, so feel free to leave me out of whatever plans you make.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 pm

See? Lemme play him >:D
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:30 pm

[sighing intensifies]
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:14 am

Prototype wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:Even if they are just names. Names matter.
Crap, I'm screwed.
If you were to have actually looked at my lore so far, you would have noticed that all names have changed.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:16 am

catsonmeth wrote:[sighing intensifies]
So, are you joining us, or just expressing disappointment at something?

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 am

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:[sighing intensifies]
So, are you joining us, or just expressing disappointment at something?
I think he is expressing disappointment at everyone else's idea of 'resetting the lore'.
Also, @Proto, I think it should be okay for you to have Megaman-references in the names of your stuff, simply because
a) The actual thing does not resemble Megaman stuff
and
b) The Megaman references you use (Zero, Omega, etc.) are pretty universal names that do not even hint at Megaman unless someone knows both Megaman X/Zero and you.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:51 am

Omega wasn't actually meant to be a reference, and Zero was a little more intentional. But I have an alternative name anyway. But I'll probably continue using the word maverick for malfunctioning machines, because I don't know a better substitute here.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Spoiler:
2119: Technoma is fully colonized.
2124: A Technotronic expedition/colonization ship is sent out to search for another hospitable planet, Zuguth is found.
2152: Zuguth is fully colonized, and two more colonisation ships are sent out. Yun and Menya are found.
2194: Yun and Menya are fully colonized.
2203: Trading with smaller and un-noteworthy factions (think NPC factions or whatever) starts.
2238: Several asteroids, asteroid fields, gas planets and areas on solid planets are colonized.
2246: Technotronic stores are spread across the galaxy, Technotronic Golden Age starts.
2255: Wormhole generators and other wormhole-based technology is invented.
2366: Androids are put in use, used as workforce and service as well as for soldiers. This causes a violent outbreak of activists claiming that the androids are being used as slaves, and that they have rights too.
2367: Worker- Service- and Military androids are declared to have no more rights than other, non-sentient machines, as they are created to be slaves and enjoy it.
2527: The Conquest of Equia, near-war with the SE
2530: First official contact with the Novan Commonwealth.
2557: Yun's environment and eco-system collapses, the planet dies. Billions are evacuated.
2581: The Technoma Incident; Technoma is lost in time and space, possibly into another dimension, due to unstable wormholes. Technotronic Golden Age ends.
2582: Menya is lost to a brutal beauty-obsessed cult. No one knows how.
2585: The Technotronic Dictatorship officially ends, and the Zuguthian Empire rises.

2586: Emperor George Tequino is chosen as the first emperor of Zuguth. People from the formerly Technotronic colonies are moved to Zuguth.
2587: Old mining stations are reactivated on Yun, and new ones are built. Scrap metal and old technology is salvaged from the ruins and reused.
2590: Military forces are officially organized, however due to lacking money and resources, only one fleet is made.
2591: Trade routes reopen, and new colonies are founded.
2595: Economy and resource incomes are stabilized, and 3 more fleets are made.
2599: The former Technotronic research planet, now also general Zuguthian production planet, returns to a fully operational state.
2624: 3 more fleets are added to the Zuguthian military.
2632: A wormhole gate is created between Zuguth and the Technotronic research planet. This is the only wormhole to be authorised for years, and it has been planned for more than a decade to ensure the security of it. Because of the lower transport distance, production and research rates are higher than ever. Zuguthian Golden Age starts.
2640s: Disease outbreaks start getting more and more common on off-world colonies. In these first decades, however, the frequency would be on a couple years between every outbreak, and the outbreaks would be less lethal even than the common cold.
2710s: Colonial disease outbreaks get more frequent, with a major outbreak every other year or so, however they are still only slightly worse than common cold.
2750s: Acts of the current RP - Joins the Galactic Scientific Alliance, establishes a colony in the Novan Long Reach system in the Andromeda galaxy, colonies in the Milky Way galaxy suffer from the largest disease outbreak yet but are saved with help from the NC (no dead, the outbreaks are still nonlethal), and the radio station Station 21 annoys the government by illegally broadcasting among other things conspiracies and anti-government propaganda while managing to stay hidden.
Last edited by Archduke Daynel, PhD on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:31 am

Daynel, one thing before I insert your stuff into the collected lore google doc:
You are aware that we are including stuff from the original RP and that the conquest of Equestria (Equia in my new copyrighted-material-free version) is placed in 2527, which means that it would make sense for you to still be the TTI at that point?
I also discussed the matter of it being named 'Zuguthian colonies' at the first encounter with the NC only 3 years later with Error via PM, it turns out he decided to use the new name for simplicity's sake, so in my version ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oiC ... sp=sharing ), you are still the TTI back then and it would make sense that way. After all, it seems like we are writing stuff from basically any RP ever in there. Technically it would make sense for the TTI having turned into the Zuguthian Empire quite recently, as your anouncement thereof was during our time back at the old forum.
Just a reminder, of course it's your faction and you can decide to tell us to change all mentions of your faction to the name according to your timeline.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:59 am

From analytic perspective I see orange is the dominant color on that doc while the blue text is pretty much non existent and only has something to do with saying that people exist and figures they came from Earth, the later is idiotic, its pointless to make all terran stuff blue,, also I will be calling the species terrans because humans refers more to being humanoid, terran refers to the fact your origin planet is terra aka earth. Taln and NeoROme don't exist either. Before I write any specific timeline (not that you will find there something you didn’t hear of yet) I would like to see Fen's one.

Not only this but the lore there is pretty intrusive over timelines supposedly saved for RPs, what if I want to place an RP during the stingifrome war ? Its a good setting and it should let the RP itself to decide the lore to come afterwards.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:38 am

@Iv:
Spoiler:
I do not really see the dominant colour being orange throughout the text. Fact is that people have focused on specific times as the focus of their lore.
I made all terran stuff blue because AFAIK, the UTA is the only existant faction that ever had its seat of government on terra and emerged directly from the nations taking up Terra. Also the citizens of the UTA are still refered to as 'Terrans', which makes it quite hard to distinguish between general-assortment-of-terran-nations and UTA if the reference is 'terran'. And about Terrans vs Humans, I'd say that humans exist in a lot of variations (Novans, those Darkstar people, ...) while Terrans are genetically unaltered direct descendants of earth humans. Taln and NeoRome are virtually nonexistant for the reasons of Tiel having written, like, 10 lines of lore and Fenway not having written any lore at all so far.
I also agree that a pre-set timeline would make any RP set INSIDE that timeline have a pre-set outcome, resulting in highly reduced freedom of choice for the players (not to mention that only specific people could play at all and those would have to play for stuff to work out).

One thing though: I would suggest placing the Virus and Conspiracy RPs quite close to the latest RP in the lore. In the currewnt state of the lore, that would result in a ~100 year gap between the original RP and them (late 2500s and early 2600s), so possibly keep that in mind when writing lore.

PS: I'm going to try and get my view on the events of Virus and Conspiracy posted within the day
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:36 am

Ivan2006 wrote: conquest of Equestria is placed in 2527,
I
Is this the very same one where, if I remember correctly, ate Strigiforme hatchlings?