Poll, Lore Reset

Post yer RPs here.

Should the Futurecraft RP Lore be reset?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:35 am

Yes, Reset the lore
46%
No, do not reset the lore
15%
Yes, but keep the current RP
38%
Other (Post Below)
No votes

Total votes: 13

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Poll, Lore Reset

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Oh I wanna see that mutation ! Expect Earth to die 4 times in the same timeline !
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:Iv. ACH. My understanding of the events is as follows:

Humanity landed on Earth after the accidental destruction / crash of a slave transport, and grew from there while the Strigiforme started declining, growing lax.

Earth in the Sol system is where the free human nations came from, originally the Terran Union, until that splintered into a bunch of groups.

The Strigiforme got blindsided by this group of free humans - they thouht they had all humans under their rule. The rebels blew apart the Yttrium gate, and cut off a relatively small force in this galaxy, which was whittled down through guerilla warfare and the like.

ACH, Earth exists, it's just not the birthplace of humanity.

Iv, the Strigiforme used humans as slave labour until a bunch "escaped" and went from there.

The rebellions occurred (for the sake of fairness), around 2270, and the rebels trained slaves as soldiers and the like, giving them a fighting force.

AFAIK the current year for the RP is 2752, so the rebellions happened 500ish years previous. Plenty of time for a nation to fracture and others to show up.
Make no sense, if humans got free 500 years ago then why the fuck are we in the year 2700? Why not just say the yttrium gate had a warp fart spontaneously killing all stigiform onboard and making all the humans dumb cavemen and ejecting the humans and the ship like 200k years ago on earth? More reasonable and less likely to conflict with anything currently.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:20 am

Shadowcat wrote:
Icelandic Perehelion wrote:Iv. ACH. My understanding of the events is as follows:

Humanity landed on Earth after the accidental destruction / crash of a slave transport, and grew from there while the Strigiforme started declining, growing lax.

Earth in the Sol system is where the free human nations came from, originally the Terran Union, until that splintered into a bunch of groups.

The Strigiforme got blindsided by this group of free humans - they thouht they had all humans under their rule. The rebels blew apart the Yttrium gate, and cut off a relatively small force in this galaxy, which was whittled down through guerilla warfare and the like.

ACH, Earth exists, it's just not the birthplace of humanity.

Iv, the Strigiforme used humans as slave labour until a bunch "escaped" and went from there.

The rebellions occurred (for the sake of fairness), around 2270, and the rebels trained slaves as soldiers and the like, giving them a fighting force.

AFAIK the current year for the RP is 2752, so the rebellions happened 500ish years previous. Plenty of time for a nation to fracture and others to show up.
Make no sense, if humans got free 500 years ago then why the fuck are we in the year 2700? Why not just say the yttrium gate had a warp fart spontaneously killing all stigiform onboard and making all the humans dumb cavemen and ejecting the humans and the ship like 200k years ago on earth? More reasonable and less likely to conflict with anything currently.
This could work. Maybe we wouldn't even have to change anything.
Though I guess my backstory could need some rewriting..
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 am

Iv121 wrote:Oh I wanna see that mutation ! Expect Earth to die 4 times in the same timeline !
Because a grand total of 0 people have mentioned destroying Earth in this thread.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:00 am

If we're resetting and reforming completely then I might participate, but I only have time to skim the past few pages, and what's been discussed so far is dumb. Really, really dumb.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:51 am

since my timeline involves Mobius teleported into this universe from another one at some point in the distant past (several millenia ago, during the age of the networkers) and having fairly recently achieved FTL-flight, I could propably insert my lore into 9/10 possible timelines, so go ahead.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 am

I think we said earlier that we were purging copyrighted materials...
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:10 am

ACH0225 wrote:I think we said earlier that we were purging copyrighted materials...
I might have overheard this.
Okay, I will simply rename stuff then, doesn't necessarily change the timeline.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:12 am

Right, because we're getting "my timeline makes for sense than yours"ed to death, everyone can write their faction backstory from, say, 2150 onwards. Current year is 2752, given that I've heard nobody challenge that (yet).

2150 and previous is reserved for the collaborative effort, figuring out where all the races came from.

Fair?

And cats, if it's dumb, come up with something better and let the rest critique it.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:15 pm

^ Agreed.

I see where you're coming from cats; I know from experience it's easy to belittle something you attempted only to have it adopted by others later on, but please post an alternative if you're so inclined. Next to Fenway you're probably the most chirographically inclined here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:02 pm

^the above two.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Poll sez we're resetting. So post yer faction backstories - 2100 onwards - here or in its own thread.

I might start some sort of loose temporary RP until fen, cats, or someone can come up with rules.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:03 pm

As according to me

-2100- Strigiforme losing territories to poor management and civil uprisings. Famine sweeps outer systems, along with several plagues, the cures for which are not given to rebel systems. Strigiforme Empire shrunk from 1/2 the galaxy to 1/3.

-2252- First contact with humans from Earth. Their use as slaves had fallen to the wayside, and very few remained in the Strigiforme Empire.

-2285- Small wars erupt between humans and the Strigiforme. Most are overwhelming Strigiforme victories, as most factions are disunited.

-2302- Large war between Strigiforme and Alliance of Lyes. Many independent systems fight. Pyyric Strigiforme victory, driven back from several systems at great cost to both sides.

2308- Second War, Strigiforme lose several more systems. Both sides depleted of ships. Carth Accords draw most modern Strigiforme borders. Strigiforme retain almost all remaining territory, a fair 1/10th of the galaxy.

These dates are in flux, but those are the basics for me.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Spoiler:
2250 - Draconis colony fleet departs Terra.

2251 - Planet Sigma Antares III colonized, named Novus.

2275 - Novan Commonwealth officially becomes an independent nation.

2310 - Three systems colonized by the NC; expansion conflicts with Free Outworlds Alliance

2312 - FOA attacks Novus, driven back by the Navy. Losses on both sides, several FOA worlds defect to the NC.

2315 - Outworlds war ends when the FOA capital is razed by internal rebellion.

2363 - Contact with Terran scouts; official contact occurs.

2365 - NC declines an offer to rejoin the Terrans.

2500 - Golden Ages end, NC forms exploration corps.

2517 - Contact with the Strigiforme, both nations neutral.

2522 - Contact with the (MQR).

2530 - Contact with Zuguthian colony. No official relations.

2544 - Contact with Hexalan Expanses, both nations friendly.

2554 - Rimwards Coalition collectively joins the NC. Small internal rebellion - suppressed by local forces.

2601 - Contact with the Pegasus Explorer colony ship via ansible. Vessel reports 120 years to arrival.

2625 - First true A.I. completed. Assigned to the explorer Skyward.

2669 - Corporate Wars. Three systems damaged by intercorporation warfare, Naval response suppresses the conflict.

2670 - Corporations are officially nationalized, new businesses strictly monitored.

2700 - Governmental reshuffle on Novus.

2728 - Internal fascist rebellion - suppressed by naval response.

2750 - Pentacentennial celebrations.

2751 - Imperium War, naval forces suffer 19% losses.

2752 - MQR becomes part of the NC, standoff with SNK forces. Current year.

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:51 pm

I'll post mine later. (i.e. tomorrow)
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.