Poll, Lore Reset

Post yer RPs here.

Should the Futurecraft RP Lore be reset?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:35 am

Yes, Reset the lore
46%
No, do not reset the lore
15%
Yes, but keep the current RP
38%
Other (Post Below)
No votes

Total votes: 13

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: Poll, Lore Reset

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:15 am

I had finished conquering Equestria when you did so. Getting the surviving hatchlings back to the Strigiforme propably was the last time I did something nice to them.
Not to mention it was also when the grudge between the Strigiforme and Equestrians started, with a public enemy of them found on Equestria.
Then there was that paradox issue and then the Strigiforme ambushed the Trial and from that point onward, everyone hated them.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:31 am

It's actually a deeper dislike for the Eqs. You see, in Strigiforme culture to have a '4 legged' appearance is to be shamed and apologizing. Then you have this species almost always essentially kow-towing and begging for forgiveness and, essentially, saying that they are dishonourable and have done something worthy of execution. Then, this race acts like their equals; the Strigiforme, of course, have no equals and are extremely offended and strongly dislike them.

Edit- Also, the Strigiforme are very speciesist and the ambassador to them probably insulted them.
Last edited by ACH0225 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:34 am

That makes A LOT more sense than the 'you harboured a traitor so we will hate you for eternity' version.
thanks for clearing that up.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:26 am

Ivan2006 wrote:Daynel, one thing before I insert your stuff into the collected lore google doc:
You are aware that we are including stuff from the original RP and that the conquest of Equestria (Equia in my new copyrighted-material-free version) is placed in 2527, which means that it would make sense for you to still be the TTI at that point?
I also discussed the matter of it being named 'Zuguthian colonies' at the first encounter with the NC only 3 years later with Error via PM, it turns out he decided to use the new name for simplicity's sake, so in my version ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oiC ... sp=sharing ), you are still the TTI back then and it would make sense that way. After all, it seems like we are writing stuff from basically any RP ever in there. Technically it would make sense for the TTI having turned into the Zuguthian Empire quite recently, as your anouncement thereof was during our time back at the old forum.
Just a reminder, of course it's your faction and you can decide to tell us to change all mentions of your faction to the name according to your timeline.
All right, I'll make some changes and check out the google doc when I can, however my mom has taken hold of my laptop until no idea when.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:36 am

So is this all getting put into one collective thing? I can give you the series of events that formed the NSCD and the various changes in leadership (has the virus happened in this timeline?). However I'm trying to work out something better for the skytherians to make it seem less shoehorned in. And maybe something about the ARKs, or whatever.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:28 am

Yes, the individual lores are being comiled together in a timeline, so go nuts.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:38 am

For those of you that would actually like to reset the lore, I'm outlining my ideas for the initial restructuring procedure now, so that should be up soon.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Think of it this way - you let them do their thing now and then go over it later with fires of literary vengeance. Glad you haven't given up.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Prototype wrote:So is this all getting put into one collective thing? I can give you the series of events that formed the NSCD and the various changes in leadership (has the virus happened in this timeline?). However I'm trying to work out something better for the skytherians to make it seem less shoehorned in. And maybe something about the ARKs, or whatever.
Yea, I decided to take the individual lores and insert them into a google doc, while colour-coding the events concerning certain factions for easier finding.
No one has written anything concerning the Virus so far AFAIK, but I think it would fit well in the late 2600s.
I think someone more familiar with the ARKs, the Network and all that stuff should write that part. (AKA either you or Fenway)

And as it looks right now, I am both inserting all the stuff into the primary timeline and directing the lore-writing, pointing out inconsitencies and conflicting stuff.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Edited timeline.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Fuck. Can we erase the Virus? It made no sense at all and nothing important happened. Just throw in a Strigo-Equis war and some genocide. Also, on the timeline; can we hugely nerf Hexalan? They get too much shit implausibly quickly.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:38 pm

@Daynel
Okay, I'm gonna insert it now.
Also solar's, because appearently I forgot to add him.
@ACH Well, it seems like the Virus was not of importance and did not have any major after-effects (mostly due to the first effort of continuing from the Conspiracy failing because of the forum being shut down though, but that doesn't make much of a difference)
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Technotronic/Zugutian lore done, moving to Solari
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:55 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Fuck. Can we erase the Virus? It made no sense at all and nothing important happened. Just throw in a Strigo-Equis war and some genocide. Also, on the timeline; can we hugely nerf Hexalan? They get too much shit implausibly quickly.
Galactic subspace disfusion results in spontaneous explosion of electronics.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:11 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Also, on the timeline; can we hugely nerf Hexalan? They get too much shit implausibly quickly.
How do you mean?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe