Post yer RPs here.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: Futurecraft Universe Canon and Discussion

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:22 pm

I like how you all act like a reset means completely erasing your factions. Such non recyclers you people are.
Why not agree to get off our high horses have everyone set a faction/rase and develop a timeline between said races? Then if we want to RP ontop of that we can or just leave it alone in a google doc file till we did a mod to stick it on. Of course certain groups may need to change a few things, or a lot to avoid angrycopyright *cough*sorryeggman*cough*.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Tiel wrote:The problem is Iv has this weird IDF-in-space lore that's mutually exclusive with anyone else hoping to utilize the planet prior to the events of FC. I oppose that strictly on principle, and will continue to do so until a convincing reason can be given for allowing one person to dictate the future of the species everyone is currently a member of.
If we go with my idea, humanity from now to the splintering of human factions would be decided by the committee.

@Shadowcat: No. We've tried getting everyone to write and structure lore together. There're too many people and too much input.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Owls brought humanity. That is lore canon.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:02 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Tiel wrote:The problem is Iv has this weird IDF-in-space lore that's mutually exclusive with anyone else hoping to utilize the planet prior to the events of FC. I oppose that strictly on principle, and will continue to do so until a convincing reason can be given for allowing one person to dictate the future of the species everyone is currently a member of.
If we go with my idea, humanity from now to the splintering of human factions would be decided by the committee.

@Shadowcat: No. We've tried getting everyone to write and structure lore together. There're too many people and too much input.
Doesn't have to be everyone together, just have everyone submit a simple faction/species/roughpersonalore line sheet and then have your lore committe stick things together with changes as what not.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:05 am

ACH0225 wrote:Owls brought humanity. That is lore canon.
?

@Tiel nah I doubt the IDF will allow groups like SoF to run amok like they usually do in UTN canon, also the UTA is a much more consumerist society and not a militia nation like the owls or something (Hey we need to compete with NeoRome after all !). Prob is that eventually you need to explain how other humans appeared and I have bad news for you - humans came from Earth as it figures, and yes someone gotta keep it, otherwise you just try to make a cheap getaway from the hard problems. Why did I claim the spot ? Because nobody else did or ever tried to that is for one, two it made for a nice origin story didn't it ? You could explain why Earth was obliterated while humans are apparently more common than cockroaches, the reason for ppl to strive towards space, how they rebuilt , how they became what they are, why there are so many splinter factions, why they tend to not blow each other in RPs, it gives for an interesting story and an interesting relation between in-game Terran factions.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:04 am

Iv121 wrote:why they tend to not blow each other in RPs
I'd like to go on record saying I'd take on all you lot, but the three super powers* (or two super dupe powers*) would totally roflstomp me before anything serious* could occur. The ABSOLUTE, ONLY REASON is self preservation.

* NeoRome, Strigiforme, and the MQR.
* NeoRome and the Strigiforme.
* EG, extinction of a faction.

C:
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:28 am

So I see you are not afraid of the UTN on your doorstep huh ? Well we were in an alliance last RP I played, but even still I wont loose caution if I were you ...

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:00 am

Iv121 wrote:So I see you are not afraid of the UTN on your doorstep huh ? Well we were in an alliance last RP I played, but even still I wont loose caution if I were you ...
You may have missed it because you're not in the current RP, but Hexalan is in the GSI now, so if you were to mess with them, you'd have NeoRome, the Novan Commonwealth and several others against you.

Iv, the UTA is not a superpower. You have your influence when you play in a RP, but you can't expect anyone to take you as a more serious threat than an established superpower well-known for going on war with other superpowers. (any major war so far featured all three of the MQR -or its predecessor, the EE-, the Strigiforme and NeoRome. Not to mention you get Darkstar when Lightspeed is actually active.)
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:15 am

There is one way to check if you are stronger - will you dare to go against me into battle alone ?

As for alliances they shift Ivan, perhaps he was part of the GSI (doesn’t really matter as the latest RP has pretty much no militant involvement whatsoever, and Im not even talking about the fact that GSI is a research alliance, nothing more (see I do my homework and actually follow even THAT RP from time to time :tongue: )), but with enough pressure in the right spot you will discover former allies as newly sworn enemies. Alliances are good to cover your rear but don't expect them to cover your front, if you go to war against a nation expect it to be 1v1 because who knows where the interests of your allies lie. Take as an example Russia's intervention in Crimea, yes Im sure Europe and US and their allies are such a strong alliance , but where is that alliance and Ukraine now ?

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:36 am

Iv121 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:Owls brought humanity. That is lore canon.
?

@Tiel nah I doubt the IDF will allow groups like SoF to run amok like they usually do in UTN canon, also the UTA is a much more consumerist society and not a militia nation like the owls or something (Hey we need to compete with NeoRome after all !). Prob is that eventually you need to explain how other humans appeared and I have bad news for you - humans came from Earth as it figures, and yes someone gotta keep it, otherwise you just try to make a cheap getaway from the hard problems. Why did I claim the spot ? Because nobody else did or ever tried to that is for one, two it made for a nice origin story didn't it ? You could explain why Earth was obliterated while humans are apparently more common than cockroaches, the reason for ppl to strive towards space, how they rebuilt , how they became what they are, why there are so many splinter factions, why they tend to not blow each other in RPs, it gives for an interesting story and an interesting relation between in-game Terran factions.
Believe me, I really am ambivalent toward what you do here - provided it doesn't involve Earth. I'm sure you agree that whoever *officially* controls the planet is legitimized as the *official* human faction (even if it's in all but name), which I feel is really unfair to anyone else who wants to use the species and not be considered a splinter group. I don't know if it'll help you understand where I'm coming from here, but consider Earth basically the equivalent of Jerusalem in space. Sole proprietorship is just a breeding ground for trouble down the line. That's why I suggest just removing it from play entirely by applied handwavium of SOME fashion. Is it a 'cheap getaway'? Certainly. But it's fair, and that's what I'm concerned with here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:59 am

I'm pretty sure Fen agreed with me when I established humans were originally a slave race from another dimension brought over by the Strigiforme. This eliminates Earth as a real planet(any Earths found are hoaxes) and ensured that no one gets any of the Solar system.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:02 am

Iv121 wrote:There is one way to check if you are stronger - will you dare to go against me into battle alone ?

As for alliances they shift Ivan, perhaps he was part of the GSI (doesn’t really matter as the latest RP has pretty much no militant involvement whatsoever, and Im not even talking about the fact that GSI is a research alliance, nothing more (see I do my homework and actually follow even THAT RP from time to time :tongue: )), but with enough pressure in the right spot you will discover former allies as newly sworn enemies. Alliances are good to cover your rear but don't expect them to cover your front, if you go to war against a nation expect it to be 1v1 because who knows where the interests of your allies lie. Take as an example Russia's intervention in Crimea, yes Im sure Europe and US and their allies are such a strong alliance , but where is that alliance and Ukraine now ?
No, Iv, the GSI is the Galactic Security Initiative. The scientific alliance is GSA, the Galactic Scientific Alliance.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:07 am

Iv, I'm really sorry but you're no longer relevant. I don't remember your faction from any RP in recent history. It's like the Imperium-RPers; they're no longer there or relevant or real. What you are doing here is talking about something you did once, but haven't done recently and visibly have next to no idea about. I wish you would RP, but right now you're talking to people who do RP, but you don't.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:20 am

There's no shame in not knowing what's going on, I haven't got a clue.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:51 am

So we can circumvent this whole thing by not giving a frak about timelones, and figuring out only very vague details of the canon (I.e. the owls broought humanity to Earth from another dimensions and used them as a slave race; thus humans have an attachment to Earth because the owls blew up their riginal homeworld.)

And if you're not in the current RP or any other recent one, I feel you're hardly entitled to complain.

Also, Iv, you haven't done much of anything in the RPs recently, so your current political clout is about null, and militarily you can't do all that much without bringing an entire alliance down on you.