Post yer RPs here.
Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: Futurecraft Universe Canon and Discussion

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:51 am

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:So we can circumvent this whole thing by not giving a frak about timelones, and figuring out only very vague details of the canon (I.e. the owls broought humanity to Earth from another dimensions and used them as a slave race; thus humans have an attachment to Earth because the owls blew up their riginal homeworld.)

And if you're not in the current RP or any other recent one, I feel you're hardly entitled to complain.

Also, Iv, you haven't done much of anything in the RPs recently, so your current political clout is about null, and militarily you can't do all that much without bringing an entire alliance down on you.
Pretty much.

Iv, if a group of factions are in one alliance at the end of a roleplay, the chance of that alliance still existing with the same factions at the start of the next roleplay is pretty high.
Even if alliances shift, I can pretty savely tell you that I am prepared. And I would not fight you to prove I am stronger, that would be silly. Not to mention that the 'fight alone' thing pretty much is unrealistic, because strenght not only incorporates military capabilities, but also diplomatic relations. If your supplies are dependent on national and private production while I can call upon foreign aid due to my diplomacy, you can not cut me off from supplies without engaging into war with yet another faction.

It may be nowhere in any rules, but veterans, who have been in basically every empire roleplay ever with the same faction are felt as 'established' and are considered 'powerful' in comparison to players who only play in some RPs (like you) or players who are inconsistent about their factions (e.g. Vinyl), as no one really takes Hexalan really seriously, because it has been horribly unstable and its politics have been dominated by constant power shifts in the entire history of RPs. As for the UTA, I might remind you that in politics, power only exists when it is exerted. If you don't exert your power, you won't be taken seriously when you try to eventually do it.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:10 am

@ ACH you know my policy, I need more brains than the current RP has to offer, the rest of the RPs are simply not the empire RPs I love, you cant bash me for not playing with you nor you can force me to play with you. I did enough crazy stuff in the last few RPs I played in to remained memorable, I doubt there is a person who doesn’t know what the UTN is. Its a recognizable name as much as NeoRome or Stingiforme, unlike the many other acronyms we have going on around here, hell I don’t remember any of them anymore, alliance this alliance that, they didn’t stand out, they didn’t dare to do what others don't nor had a strong lore to back them up.

And again if you consider me weak Ivan will you dare to attack me the next RP I join ? You can belittle me as much as you want but as long as you don't dare to make a move against me you are playing UN vs Russia .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:22 am

Iv, we generally only attack people if there's, y'know, a reason. All you've done so far is sit there and occasionally say something. Hardly a reason to go to war.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:26 am

Well standard reason is need for expansion and after all wars are fun so long they are RP wars.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:28 am

They're fun, agreed, so long as it doesn't go full curb-stomp by one side.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:38 am

Well you can't blame the other side for outplaying you, only yourself for being defenceless.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:43 am

Iv121 wrote: And again if you consider me weak Ivan will you dare to attack me the next RP I join ? You can belittle me as much as you want but as long as you don't dare to make a move against me you are playing UN vs Russia .
Okay, let me phrase it differently: When you actually join an RP I will, based on your actions regarding your own faction as well as with other factions, decide whether you are a threat, a possible partner for a mutually beneficial partnership, or whatever you turn out to be.

However, I have a hard time to estimate your power. And let me be clear, the primary reason the UTA is so memoriable is because you have given it a lore dating back to old earth and fortified that lore throughout things other than the roleplay, at least IMO. I don't remember the UTA doing anything of galactic importance in any of the RPs anyway.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:47 am

Iv121 wrote:Well standard reason is need for expansion and after all wars are fun so long they are RP wars.
Technically need for expansion has never been a reason for war in any RP as far as I can remember.
There never was the interest in territory, if at all, it was the interest in GDP and infrastructure of conquered worlds, as if you needed to expand, you could just make a colony. There are lots of planets that could be colonized, maybe not all have a breathable atmosphere, but colonies can be productive even while still terraforming the planet they work on.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:47 am

Well then what significant events do you actually remember ?
Ivan2006 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:Well standard reason is need for expansion and after all wars are fun so long they are RP wars.
Technically need for expansion has never been a reason for war in any RP as far as I can remember.
There never was the interest in territory, if at all, it was the interest in GDP and infrastructure of conquered worlds, as if you needed to expand, you could just make a colony. There are lots of planets that could be colonized, maybe not all have a breathable atmosphere, but colonies can be productive even while still terraforming the planet they work on.
RP-wise conquering another faction gives you all the resources that faction had, that is why I chose you in the first RP for example, I didn't hate your sonic universe or something nor had any problems with you RP wise, you were just a convenient target, oh and causing a pan-galactic war on your territory that lead to the downfall of the first empire RP, add it to your significant events list.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:06 pm

You mean the first RP on THIS forum, right?
Anyway, you have a point. However, keep in mind that starting a war without an actual provocation will make you look like some kind of evil galaxy-conquering threat. Look at the Strigiforme, they do that all the time and have that reputation. They got to a point where they have to force other factions to sign a non-agression treaty before they can be sure they can fight a war without the entire galaxy teaming up against them.
About causing a pan-galactic war on my territory: technically there was, like, one battle before the RP collapsed. It hadn't even tried playing my best cards yet. In retroperspective though, I would have had to (and I am glad it stopped, because that means I still have them) and I agree, that was one thing you did that proved you could be powerful. Please forgive me for not remembering that, it's just that this was the most failed RP of all and has never been mentioned in any lore or referenced in any other RP since. It was the sole exception to the 'the lore goes on'-rule.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Prototype wrote:There's no shame in not knowing what's going on, I haven't got a clue.
Yep, I'm in the same boat. Just kinda floating around and making sure nothing subjectively silly gets confirmed.

Although I have to say if there's one thing I really think the RP could benefit from, its some sort of tracking system that isn't so loose it's defeated by asspull, yet flexible enough to not succumb to stat saturation and time deprivation (see: most of my empire-esque RPs). It'd have to be some kind of online app, really.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Was working on a cool little program called NavNet to host all the tools for both the users and the GMs including user-friendly maps, graphs and tables, as well as different tools like the NavNet Comm encorder /decoder thingy I did.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:11 pm

Could certainly come in handy.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:34 pm

Yea if I had time to finish it. I dived into the XNA framework in order to make the map and hell it is so much superior to the crap I was given to work with in that school project of mine, using it could have saved me so much time, I had to write so many things literally from scrap there while in the XNA you are simply given all the foundations, guess it makes you appreciate what you get. Though like any new framework you need some time to study it's futures before you can get to actual work and this time is what I lack for quite a time now ...

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:37 pm

I don't think I've ever gone to war with anyone, not yet anyway, might decide to go and * on the owls for shits and giggles.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: