Futurecraft Universe Canon and Discussion

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Futurecraft Universe Canon and Discussion

Post by Error » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:08 am

Repuposed thread.

If there is ever any canon confusion, post here and the FCRPers can sort stuff out. As in, I'm not sure Equestrians were ever canon, given the whole, well, thing was an excuse for the bronys to bring them in.

And stuff.

Also. To the ex- and current Terran nations, would you be agreeable to forming an alliance, a la the Commonwealth of Nations (read: the former British empire)?

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Re: Futurecraft Universe canon Timeline

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:05 am

I think I already created a timeline of stuff that had everything. Either way, there's too much stuff without a timeline and without dates that quantifying everything is nigh impossible.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:22 am

Yea, for example god knows when NeoRome was formed, they were a splinter group around 2253 (see below) but when did they become a big nation (or how) I don't know.

Also Im not too sure about the Terran dates there, I didn’t bother to really document it either but judging by the old faction description the Terran Union was formed in 2154. It took a good hundred years to relocate the Terran population to Mars and luckily the radiation leakage from the old nuclear warheads took some good time to spread. Either way the Sirius Rebellion began in 2253 judging by the same record and finally Sirius was discovered in 2257 and reclaimed by the UTN, the refugees from that war became later NeoRome.

OFC nothing is set in stone and tweaking around the numbers is quite easy to make everything fit.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:50 am

If I thought people would follow, I would make a separate/AU canon with more precise dates and such, but it's been tried and has failed.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Re: Futurecraft Universe Canon and Discussion

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:49 pm

You guys should just restart the verse if you want to even try making a suitable timeline. The current universe appears to be a large collection of godmod and timetravel.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:58 pm

There's... no time travel.

And godmodders get curbstomped by everyone else in the plot.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Yeah just like in the current RP :P , well its not THAT bad ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Well, Deadly went briefly godmod and Fen right back, and I have a possible way of toning that all down. So there's that....?

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:05 pm

We don't really have a plot is the problem. The universe is too discontinuous to be established in lore, and if godmodding is even an issue then there won't be any lore at all. As long as it's only played like a game rather than written like a story, there's no chance for it to be developed. Maybe if we were more organized, a small committee that actually writes the lore and then have everyone to play it out for the specifics, we could pull something interesting together. Another issue is imbalanced views of the universe among the participants (FTL travel, faction sizes, etc.). We need to come up with some constant standards that apply to everyone in both Empire and standard RP.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Well, that was the original idea of this thread, and it was pointed out that's rather hard to do.

Also, if we establish a basis for when everything occurred, we could just start recording events from here on out and ignore the previous stuff. I'll be damned if we reset again.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:There's... no time travel.

And godmodders get curbstomped by everyone else in the plot.
Pretty certain there was time travel involved somewhere in someone's plot.
As for god modding I refer to the lack of restrictions of pulling a system destroying cannon out of your ass and claiming it's some acient alein doohickey.

If you want a lore why not work on an actual lore for the FC mod itself? You could use factions here but just set it up so it actually works for a RP universe and not a two-bit forum make it up as you go RP.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Shadowcat wrote:Pretty certain there was time travel involved somewhere in someone's plot.
(See: 2179 entry)

Shadowcat wrote:pulling a system destroying cannon out of your ass and claiming it's some acient alein doohickey.
Vinyl wrote:Operation PAWNCH
(See: First couple RPs we had)
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Despite all things, the Strigiforme remain constant.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:48 am

Shadowcat wrote: Pretty certain there was time travel involved somewhere in someone's plot.
Well, there was 'the trial' and the entire thing with CTI in the original RP, but other than that...
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:56 am

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:Well, that was the original idea of this thread, and it was pointed out that's rather hard to do.

Also, if we establish a basis for when everything occurred, we could just start recording events from here on out and ignore the previous stuff. I'll be damned if we reset again.
Reset is the best option if we want anything close to a structured lore, we'd have to change the way we make it. The thing is we can't involve everyone in the process. About three people to discuss and plan would be about right.
— David Langford
Spoiler: