Skies of the New World

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Skies of the New World

Post by Error » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:58 am

Seeing as the old individual RPs died, I shall attempt to create a new one. It will be, yes, a cooperative (in a way) roleplay. Without further ado:

So you're here. Maybe you went broke, maybe you need work, perhaps you want adventure. What matters, however, is that one doesn't survive the skies long without a good ship and crew around you. Let's see... I have three.. two ships hiring.

The first is named Gentleman's Hunt. It's hiring an entirely new crew.. must be a new ship, then.
The second is Skybounder. An older ship, looking for a new set of faces for a new captain.

There you have it. Saunter on over to one of those fine vessels and see if you can't find yourself a job. And good luck.

This will be a Steampunk airship pirate explorer navy trader whatever roleplay. You lot will form yourselves into crews and take on the world, or something. Captains will, essentially, be first come, first served. Beyond that, post an application, and the captains will either hire you, or pass. If you don't get in, worry not - I shalt not leave thou hanging.

Currently, everyone is at the floating city of Nexus, THE hub for air crews and trade.

RULES
1. Standard RP rules. No godmodding, powergaming, etc.
2. Stay within the confines of the universe. You won't get a tiny little superco puter, for example, but the steampunk theme allows for an elaborate contraption on you arm that lets you tell the time and date.
3. Don't try to frak over someone just for the lulz.

Application is as such.

Name:
Nationality: (English, Highlander, French, Native, Russian, Southlander or Skyborn)
Appearance: (Descriptive descriptions are welcome.)
Role or Position: (Engineer? Gunner? Jack of all trades? Assassin? PR d00d? You can invent one if you like.)
General Background: (How you came to be at Nexus. Optional.)

Mine, as an example:
Name: Franklin C. McKinnon
Nationality: Southlander
Appearance: 156 cm of dark hair, blue eyes, light skin and a set of utility clothes. Handsome without going pretty boy. Has a preference for dressy but functional.
Role or Position: Engineer and Pilot
General Background: I suck at these so TBD.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Re: Skies of the New World

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:22 pm

A cooperative RP, huh? And set in steampunk no less. This will be interesting...

Name: Jonathan Beckett
Nationality: English
Appearance: 183 cm tall, black hair, blue eyes, and I have no idea how to describe faces.
Role or Position: Assassin and/or navigator, depending on demand.
General Background: Son of a wealthy family from a small city in the English countryside, Jonathan left the home to search for adventure. After deciding that traveling along the roads was too limited and traveling by sea was too wavy and empty, Jonathan eventually wound up in Nexus, looking to join the crew of an airship.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Looks good to me. Now we wait for Captains.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:Looks good to me. Now we wait for Captains.
I can be a captain if needed, but I'd rather wait and see if anyone else takes the position.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Name: Christopher Grey "Hawk"
Nationality: Skyborn
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Role or Position: Retired airship commander,jack of all trades.
General Background: Known by the ruthless methods used while in command,he was retired. Not much else is known,as he tends to be very closed to himself. Expert in the training of birds of prey,trained in gunnery and good with enginering at times.
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Looks good to me. You taking one of the ships, or going for first officer?

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:Looks good to me. You taking one of the ships, or going for first officer?
First Officer maybe. or maybe a PIRATEEEY!

I plan a tragic story for him about commanding men to death and stuff.

"i cannot save everyone....i bear the burden of their deaths..."
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Fun Times Ahead.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:15 pm

WELL??

I WANT TO BLOW SOME AIRSHIPS.

COME ON,PEOPLE!

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Error

Post by Error » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:44 am

*Blow up?

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Name: Alexei Kirov
Nationality: Russian
Appearance: 6' 5. short blond hair, has a scar running diagonally across his face and has blue eyes.
Role or Position: Navigator, marine (I guess that's what you'd call an airship's combat crew.)
General Background: I suck at these.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Looks okay. Also, We Need Captains, Dammit.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Name: Nikolai Akimov

Nationality: Russian

Appearance: Grizzled veteran, with a clockwork mechanical left eye, a slight limp in his step and a plethora of scars, most of which he covers up. Dark-tanned skin and brown, close to black eyes, with relatively short matte black hair. Keeps a small, scruffy beard. Generally wears a sweeping black overcoat, preferably one that conceals his limp and most of his body.

Role or Position: Captain

General Background: A rather shameful story, at least for him. Nikolai was a captain for a sweeping airship about 20 years ago, a proud trading vessel that was more than capable of holding it's own in a fight. After another successful run through dangerous country, he attempted to pull a dangerous maneuver through a narrow city street. It would have succeeded, if it wasn't for the ferry that cut through in front of him. Full of orphans, too (Merely interpreted from the tales of the incident.)

His airship crushed the smaller ferry as if it was paper, spelling doom to anyone inside. Even worse, the impact loosened some ammunition stocks inside the airship's hull, which fell to the decks and detonated. The ship was rapidly consumed by fire.

Nikolai was an honorable man, and he made sure every last crewman escaped. He didn't make it off the ship, and was last seen 20 years ago with the ship's collapse and fall onto the desolate land below. His return is a mystery, as is his motives. Luckily, few are around who even remember his name, or even his deeds.

Error

Post by Error » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:34 am

Accepted. Which ship are you commanding?

Wolfe
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:TERRA
IGN:Saber_Darkheart

Post by Wolfe » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:02 am

Well, this seems to be a good concept...until it dies.
Name: Cameron "Slipstream" Winter
Nationality: Skyborn
Appearance:
Height: 5',7.5"
Eye Color: Crystal Blue
Hair Color: Black with shocks of red
General Description: Cameron has a reserved, yet friendly personality and a mischevious glint in his eyes. Though he prefers to be alone, he doesn't mind talking to and interacting with other people as long as he's not in large groups (he gets uncomfortable around a lot of people). He is hard working and looking for adventure.
Role or Position: Pilot, Engineer or Gunner
Background: Cameron was born in the sky city of Caelum (if this is okay) and always wanted to travel aboard the airships he had seen coming in and out of its docks. He loves to tinker and is reasonably good with a gun, but his dream has always been to one day pilot his own airship in hopes of finding adventure, lost technology and new companions.
Building civilizations and creating history with my bare hands ;D.