Skies of the New World

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Skies of the New World

Post by Error » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:22 am

Looks good. Fenwai, start recruitin' pl0x.

Also, Skyborn are just people born aboard airships or other aircraft, and are considered international citizens rather than tied to one country.

Also, some muzak.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPH1OoTobtk

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:21 am

Nikolai will be commanding the Skybounder.

As for his crew, he will take Cameron as an engineer, Jonathan as Navigation, Christopher as gunner, and Alexei as security/gunner (if needed).

Crew list for Skybounder (SMALL Airship)

-Captain (Nikolai)

-Pilot (Nikolai, he always pilots his own ships).

-Navigation (Jonathan, also entails other roles).

-Engineer (Cameron, may be temporarily reassigned in emergencies.)

-Gunner (Alexei, fulfills security.)

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:Nikolai will be commanding the Skybounder.

As for his crew, he will take Cameron as an engineer, Jonathan as Navigation, Christopher as gunner, and Alexei as security/gunner (if needed).

-Captain (Nikolai)

And me?
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Void wrote:
Professor Fenway wrote:Nikolai will be commanding the Skybounder.

-Captain (Nikolai)

And me?
Guess you'll have to be on the other ship. Maybe captain it?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Wolfe
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:TERRA
IGN:Saber_Darkheart

Post by Wolfe » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Alright, thanks for clearing that up Professor Fenway. The other ship needs a captain
Building civilizations and creating history with my bare hands ;D.

Error

Post by Error » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Let's kick dis off.

Recently, news has spread that the Northland raider ships have been travelling south. Raiding, running, or lost, nobody is sure. But they're only now 100 kilometers north of Nexus, and the locals are warning everyone to get out or go fight.

Northland raiders, for the OOC, can be assumed by to be old, rusting, junky ships that make up for the complete lack of speed and armor with huge amounts of firepower. All airships have some armor, but not much unless they're military.

For now, Fen, your ship has a pair of gatling guns, a rocket launcher, and a shotgun thing. Distribute these on the ship as you wish.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:08 pm

OOC: Apologies Void, you are also a gunner/Security person.

Nikolai surveyed his crew as they boarded the ship, keeping his mechanical eye trained on the dock workers as they loaded the ship with requested ammunition and supplies. The first he noticed was Alexei, an older fellow. From his appearance, he was certainly a veteran of some battle or another. But something in his features reminded Nikolai of something, but he couldn't tell what. He brushed this notion aside as he trained his eye on the next crew member.

Christopher was behind him, carrying some sort of box in his arms. He disappeared below deck rather quickly. He was a bit young to be retired, but his skills would still be valuable. He would need to learn about him.

A bit farther behind them walked Cameron and Jonathan, the youngest ones. Nikolai could tell by the glint in their eyes that they were adventurous, brave, maybe even lacking humility. Just like he was. He would need to make sure that it didn't get to their heads.

As he watched, one of the dock workers ran up to him, slapped down a small slip of parchment on the helm, and then ran off, avoiding the piercing gaze of his clockwork eye. Nikolai picked it up. It was a list of armaments the Nexus had allowed him to possess; a pair of Gatling guns, a rocket launcher, and a grapeshot cannon. Not ideal for this ship, but he would work with it.

He decided to fix the guns to the front of the ship, and they would be controlled from the helm. The rocket launcher would be mounted on the bow, sunk into the hull. It would be front facing, but have about 150 degrees of movement. The grapeshot would go above it, with a full 360 degrees of movement for full engagement capacity. There was a risk of it being fired at the helm, but Nikolai trusted that it would never happen. Probably.

Error

Post by Error » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:22 pm

A dockworker in finer dress than most strolled up to the ship next to the Skybounder. He spoke a few words to the captain, who argued something inaudible. The dockhand replied haughtily, and the captain held up his hands and muttered something.

With that, a crew of decidedly military appearance sauntered up to the vessel and boarded, shifting supplies and preparing to depart.

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Alexei looked curiously at the Captain, thinking that he had seen him before as well. He became distracted when he saw the group of men board the ship. He shrugged and went up to introduce himself to the Captain, as was his custom. He held out his hand, and spoke in Russian,"Hello, sir. I'm Alexei Kirov, your chief security officer and gunner. It's nice to be on the ship."
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Wolfe
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:TERRA
IGN:Saber_Darkheart

Post by Wolfe » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:37 am

Cameron introduced himself to Johnathan, best to make friends while he could because the other crew members would be cursing him out in no time. He would make the best of it anyways, adventure was waitnig for him and he couldn't wait to depart I'm probably going to regret thinking that later he thought, but for now, he was just happy to be looking at Nexus from the deck of an airship. He would work his way up, work hard and hopefully become a better man for it. He nodded to the captain who didn't seem to be one for shaking hands or talking much unless it was yelling out orders, so he'd respect that. Before Cameron knew it the airship was loaded and he heard the engines start up. Here we go
Building civilizations and creating history with my bare hands ;D.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:15 am

He was checking the weapons of the ship.

He would have to know each weapon as a extension of himself,so he could master each detail of then.
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:44 pm

So does this correspond to any historical events? World War or something? Also what's "Native" and where, geographically, is Nexus?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Fuck I forgot this was a thing that was supposed to happen.
BIC: After talking briefly with Cameron and introducing himself to the rest of the crew, and then went to stand at the bow, looking out over Nexus and the landscape beyond.
It was a sunny afternoon. The sun caught the city and the ground below in a really beautiful way. "It's like a painting," Jonathan thought, "or something taken out of a children's book". His adventure hadn't even started and he already loved it. The old but proud ship, the clearly experienced captain, the crew, it all created an atmosphere that could have been taken straight out of a tale of adventures.
Jonathan heard the sound of engines starting up, and was instantly reminded of his job on board. He went to see the captain, to ask where they were headed.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error

Post by Error » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Cats, the whole thing is roughly post apocalypse where Eurpoe is a desert, that's where we are, and Natives are just that, natives of the Great Desert.