RP Faction Ships, Weaponry and Technology

Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: RP Faction Ships, Weaponry and Technology

Post by cats » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:We're not on the very edge of said Milky Way, so jumping the diameter of the galaxy outs you outside the galaxy.
okay lets have our hypothetical movement across the galaxy be from a random location within the galaxy to another random location within the galaxy instead of the distance needed to actually transverse the galaxy. good.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Tech: Coilgun

Type: Weaponry

Faction: Orion Confederation

Origin: First settlers had them. They have been improved exponentially since then.

Summary: Using magnetic coils, the device fires projectiles at 450-5,000 m/s THis makes it a highly effective weapon.
Spoiler:
Device: Gauss Rifle
---Functionality: Standard Infantry Weapon. Fires a projectile at 450 m/s at the target. Can penetrate medium armor and buildings with ease.
---Cost of Production: 1/10
---Effectiveness: 10/10
---Time Range of Use: Since first settlement of Cyrania.

Device: Gauss Cannon
---Functionality: The grandaddy of the gauss rifle, fires a 300mm projectile at 4,900 m/s at the target. Mounted on starships.
---Cost of Production: 3/10
---Effectiveness: 9/10
---Time Range of Use: Since the first military starships were created. It had undergone many, many upgrades.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:28 pm

I'm going to lump some factions together with techs like EM accelerators and nuclear power if there are multiple entries from different factions.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Tech**: Yttrium-to-Energy Converter

Type**: Power Generation

Faction**: Strigiforme

Origin*: Faction

Summary**: A device, used in most ships, which converts Yttrium to energy using highly secretive processes which are only barely understood by other factions. The ratio of fuel to energy is extremely efficient, however, most worlds have lesser amounts of Yttrium, making worlds rich in it a high priority.

Device in which the technology is used: Yttrium Drive
---Function**: FTL
---Cost of Production*: 6/10
---Effectiveness*: 8/10
---Time Range of Use*: Needs a recharge time of about 10 hours
Notes- Uses Yttrium as raw fuel, generates the signature flash of deep crimson that heralds a Strigiforme ship. Discernible from other FTL trails, but not more easily traced.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Tech: Laser Pulse Rifle

Type: Small arms / Infantry weapon

Faction: Novan Commonwealth

Origin: Derived from Terran and NeoRoman laser experimentation.

Summary: A pulse laser, fitted within a rifle.

Device in which the technology is used: Rifle
---Functionality: Replaces conventional ballistic projectile system.
---Cost of Production: C£430 per unit. 450 Galactic Credits.
---Effectiveness: 9/10 on infantry or soft targets. 5/10 on armoured vehicles. 0/10 on starships.
---Time Range of Use: More than 10 seconds of sustained fire will overheat the device.
---Image: N/A

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Tech: Slipstream Space Traversion Drive

Type: Ship FTL

Faction: Mine (Various)

Origin: Self (Technically Alteras Amacus)

Summary: Uses high amounts of energy to tunnel into 11D space, drastically reducing travel times but also accuracy. Due to the highly hostile nature of higher dimensions, a minimal power shield is required for safe travel. These are often called Slipspace Shields and have several redundancies. Due to the inaccurate nature of common pilots, it is considered unsafe to come out of Slipspace directly inside of a system, instead preferring Slipspace beacons of which several are in our current and former spaces, or not far outside of the destination system. Average travel times vary, but are rarely short, as the drive simply reduces travel time by eliminating the sublight speedlimit, and travel within the Slipstream must yet be performed by conventional engines.
HaloNation

Device in which the technology is used:
---Functionality: Removes travel restrictions, significantly reducing travel times - FTL travel.
---Cost of Production: 12.7 (most currently used ships can be traced back to Alteras or later)
---Effectiveness: 6.333
---Time Range of Use: Discharge generates several tonnes of plasma from the coolant, taking 4-5 hours to vent. Recharge varies on generator output as they are highly advised to be directly linked to power systems for maximum use.
---Image:
Spoiler:
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:50 am

Tech: Plasma weaponry

Type: Weaponry

Faction: Zuguthian Empire

Origin: Earth

Summary: Plasma-based guns and cannons

Device: PAR-256 Plasma Assault Rifle, aka Standard IV
---Function: Standard plasma assault rifle used by Zuguthian military forces. Not available for civilians.
---Cost of Production: 2/10
---Time Range of Use: 2256 to present date

Device: SPP-223 Silent Plasma Pistol, aka Black Widow
---Function: Stealthy pistol used by Zuguthian spies and special forces. Created in cooperation with Darkstar (if that's ok for you, LS) during the Technotronic Dictatorship.
---Cost of Production: 5/10
---Time Range of Use: 2223 to 2237, 2254 to present date.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:10 pm

SINGULARITY stealth technology

Faction**: Darkstar Corporation

Origin*: Advanced research in dark matter and energy

Summary**: A generic name for a line of technologies using Dark matter or Dark energy as the main power-source.

Device in which the technology is used: Ships,Weapons and Armor.

---Function**: A extremely powerful cloaking device,using layers of "undectable" dark matter as the main advantage.
---Cost of Production*: Varies.
---Effectiveness*: 90 to 97%. Bein a exclusive technology and because of high secrecy,only empires with the money to invest in the dark matter research can at least pass trought the jamming.
---Time Range of Use*: range varies to personal cloaks or stealth fields. The time of use is almost unlimited,but power hungry.
---Image:
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:03 am

LS, you could have out an image os an empty sky there. ;)
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:LS, you could have out an image os an empty sky there. ;)

The joke is the Image being clear.

I put a image there.

But is stealthy,you cannot see it.
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:46 am

Void wrote:

I put a image there.

My computer does not even realize there is an image.
Your stealth is quite effective.

PS: Fact: no one has ever seen a Darkstar stealth engine. No one has seen Darkstar either.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Crash Override » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:35 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
Void wrote:

I put a image there.

My computer does not even realize there is an image.
Your stealth is quite effective.

PS: Fact: no one has ever seen a Darkstar stealth engine. No one has seen Darkstar either.
Duh.

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:01 am

Under the previously submitted wormhole tech:

Device: Temporary Rift Destabilizer, or just wormhole bomb
---Function: A sort of wormhole generator or bomb that can use unstable wormholes to open a quick rift in time and space, making anything caught inside the (rather small) field disappear into another time or dimension, there is no way of knowing. Since wormhole generators require more size the larger they are to be, and bombs can't be too big or they will be ineffective, the generated rift only affects a relatively minor area around the bomb, which combined with its high cost makes it ineffective as a conventional weapon of destruction. What makes it useful, however, is that it can warp itself inside other ships or bases, and as such cause damage from the inside. This, however, isn't the most accurate targeting system and it can hit anywhere from the cockpit or generator to just outside the hull or shields.
---Cost of Production: 10/10
---Effectiveness: 7/10

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:33 am

Tech: Androids

Type: Robotics

Faction: Zuguthian Empire (And probably all other factions)

Origin: At some point the creation of people-like robots comes natural to all factions, so it's hard to say one specific origin. The ones used by the Zuguthian Empire, however, are based on the same technology as was used on Earth, and is used by all terran factions.

Summary: Life-like, sentient robots, modeled after whatever race built them. Used for all kinds of jobs. In many cases they look and act almost exactly as the race they're modeled after-

Device: TTI General Service Android
---Function: Receptionists, cashiers, butlers, servants, cooks, librarians, and most other service jobs that require a friendly face that doesn't really do much hard work. Most commonly modeled after humans because of their friendly and non-threatening appearance. (No speciesism, but we look like harmless meat bags, and the alien from the Alien movies wouldn't make for a good hospital receptionist.)
---Time Range of Use: Used by humans since Earth was a living planet with different nations.

Device: TTI Worker Android
---Function: The "dirt works" that we've always wanted to be without. Sewage workers, farmers, maitenace, cleaners, waste disposal workers, factory workers and many more. For the ones who are concerned that they may one day get tired of being pushed around as the slaves they are (because let's be honest they are slaves) and start an uprising, we can assure you that worker androids, just like service androids, are programmed to do what we tell them to do and want to do it. It's just so much more convenient to have slaves and serveants that want to be slaves and serveants.
---Time Range of Use: Used by humans since Earth was a living planet with different nations.

Device: TTI Military Android
---Function: Soldier robots with a mind for military tactics. They are created to fight and protect, which sets them apart from both worker and service androids both in build and programming. They are programmed with military tactics and procedures, and whatever other military information they need. They only take orders, they don't give orders; they are basically there to replace the lowest ranking organic soldiers, which is predicted to greatly reduce the deaths if the Zuguthian empire would have to go to war, which admittedly is doubted to happen in the nearest future.
Since military androids have simpler computers and a more compact build than worker and service androids, they are even cheaper to build, which makes them easy to mass-produce, and the intergrated weapon systems make them pretty effective soldiers. While still in production, it is assumed that there will be produced one or two military androids per organic soldier private.
---Cost of Production: 2/10
---Effectiveness: 8/10
---Time Range of Use: Recently put to use.