Post yer RPs here.
Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: Faction infos and propogandas / Empires RP

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:12 am

ACH, I'd like to note that, under the current circumstances, your last post would fall into the area of impossibility.
The border control forces are on DEFCON 2, which means that every single ship that wants to enter a planetary orbit has to be searched by security personell. A simple scan would not have done.
In addition, any plans to enter a system would have to be announced in advance. They would also have to prove they are not coming directly from a Strigiforme-controlled system.
Any ships that don't comply to these regulations are treated like intruders and are shot down.
As a result, the Strigiforme ships would never have reached the dark side of the moon without combat.
I call godmod on your post, ACH.

@LS: handwavium means "highly powerful plot-device material"
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:26 am

Station 21 - The truth, unmasked
Thank you for tuning in to Station 21, still broadcasting live from a hidden and heavily guarded pirate base somewhere in Zuguthian territory. Yeah that's right, you couldn't get us even if you found us, you government fucks!
All right, we've recieved a message from a concerned citizen of the galaxy. Zuguthian, Novan, Hexalan, heck maybe even Strigiforme, we don't know where this person is from. But his/her/its message is what's important:

You may or may not be aware of the Shining Opalescence line of luxury ships from a subcompany of one of the leading Hexalan companies. According to our anonymous informer, this will bring bad times for the entire galaxy.
Budget reports fom Sinoviet Shipyards show that they are making more ships than what they should be making. How much more you say? Apparently no less than 29 battleclusters more than they need. Now, my Hexalan fleet termonology is a bit rusty, but I'd guess that's quite a lot of ships. And this isn't just accounting error, either; eyewitnesses have seen these unlisted ships being built in supposedly decommissioned drydocks. Doesn't take a mastermind to figure out that decommissioned drydocks and ship construction doesn't usually go together. Now, these black budget ships have one thing in common: The fleet designation D00, which means Fleet Delta, 00. Now here's when the mystery starts thickening: there are no official records for a fleet 00, but there are legends among Hexalan troops, stories about a legendary commando fleet. A fleet made up of only the best of the best, top of the line, whose bright red Delta 004 inspired fear in the heart of their enemies.
If you look on Sinoviet's loss reports, it shows that their Delta fleet was destroyed in a live fire training exercise accident, however no wreckage was recovered. This led our informer, and ourselves, to believe that not only is the Delta fleet out there and fully operational, but Hexalan are using it for a very important mission.
What more is, one pirate band operating around Hexalan territory has gone dark, and we were told by the informer that their base is almost completely empty, and we received coordinates to see for ourselves. And sure enough: Just as we were told, all weapons and equipment and people and ships and everything was just gone. But what was there was a bunch of unlabeled Hexalan-made shuttles, complete with orange Hexalan paint jobs and everything. Long range detectors have found that the pirate ships that used to be on the base left setting towards another ship, the Songful Heartwriter.
So what's so special with these starships, obviously commissioned by the Hexalan government? Our informer asked us that, and we now ask you. The answer, without alteration or rewriting, only changed in the way that I'm telling you instead of him/her/it telling us, is as follows:
"They boast several anomalous features me and others have gathered from its stay at HSODS-C11-J, all of which suggest a hidden purpose. To argue against those who would say that it was first made for military use then for civilian, tell me this, why didn't they remove several features that would be easily taken out to no penalty and allow for such as heavy turrets, MAC guns, and hangars? I will tell you why they have the hallmarks of warships, because they shortly will be. If Hexalan is able to upgrade using NeoRoman tech and have these behemoths at their disposal, they will be a dominant power in the fourth pan-galactic war they are clearing rearing for."
Now you understand why it's so important that as many as possible know about this, in case Hexalan are planning to do something the rest of us will regret. And you know what's weird? We're the only off-the-grid station brave enough to agree to report about this! You hear that, other off-the-grid stations? If you're so worried about your safety, get some pirates to protect you, like we did! These guys are badass as hell and they let you use their awesome guns sometimes!

Now, just because I'm in such a good mood right now, I won't listen to our marketing director Liz and play that new and brain-dead "Oh girl you're a girl" song just to "get more young girls to listen to us". Heck, I don't even know why an illegal radio station even needs a marketing director. Still, she makes the best coffee outside Anders-Friedrichburg. Anyways, instead of that rubbish, here's some real music: Death By Caterpillars with their timeless classic, "No Doubt, No Regret".

OOC: I had to rewrite this two times and wait almost 24 hours to post it. Fuck my uncooperative router..
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:28 am

Ivan2006 wrote:ACH, I'd like to note that, under the current circumstances, your last post would fall into the area of impossibility.
The border control forces are on DEFCON 2, which means that every single ship that wants to enter a planetary orbit has to be searched by security personell. A simple scan would not have done.
In addition, any plans to enter a system would have to be announced in advance. They would also have to prove they are not coming directly from a Strigiforme-controlled system.
Any ships that don't comply to these regulations are treated like intruders and are shot down.
As a result, the Strigiforme ships would never have reached the dark side of the moon without combat.
I call godmod on your post, ACH.

@LS: handwavium means "highly powerful plot-device material"
-The sheer cost of searching EVERY ship would make it impossible. This is a large hub, and as such maybe 500-750 ships pass through a day. Each of those are probably frigate sized, with plenty that are larger. If you were to do this everywhere, your economy would drop horribly because ships would take ages to get anywhere.
-They had been broadcasting their prior flight plan before and had forged but entirely realistic documents showing they had been through a single Strigiforme world like 2 months ago. This would also kill trade because sometimes people have to pass through places quickly, and don't have money for that.
-That would murder trade because anyone who forgot would be killed, causing vast civilian casualties for no real reason.
-Unless you have an asteroid belt of defences, any defences before the dark side of the moon would be too widely spaced out, and because it would be retarded to send the entire fleet in orbit to them, they'd make it.

Your post sir is OP. You could never do this without your economy being shit on because no one would trade with you. The thing is, the whatever-you-are-called isn't an isolationist nation like the Strigiforme. You, and most other people, rely on inter-empire trade. If you didn't, you'd be very much like the Strigiforme.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:29 am

-NeoRoman Leviathan Constructor-

|Retrofitting Hexalan Fleet|

One of the workers was fine tuning one of the fusion devices on the largest Hexalan ship. He tapped in a few settings and set the fusion profile. He stood up and quickly looked down both hallways. After confirming that nobody was in the hallway, he ducked into the opening into the reactor. Just inside this opening was a large metal box, placed there three hours before. He entered a confirmation code and opened the box, revealing a large set of square devices set within them. He took one out, and pressed his fingers on the side of the box. A small red light attached to the box activated. He mounted the box to the inside of the reactor controls, and the light turned green. He closed the panel just as a small beeping activated in his headset. At this, he quickly closed the box and opened it again. Now, it revealed a complex set of tools and components, some of them missing. He grabbed the tools lying around the opening and placed them in the box before closing again.

The worker, now receiving new instructions, picked the box up by the large handle on it's top. He walked out of the opening and down the hallway to the bridge to work on the main fire control center.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:54 am

@ACH, you got a point, the security measures I described would be impossible to enforce.
Disregard my post in that case.

BIC:
The newly finished Auroria fleet, consisting of
  • 1 Egg Carrier-class Dreadnaught
    65 Typhoon-class Light Cruisers
    20 Halberd-class Destroyers
    30 Crimson-class Missile Frigates
    10 Fox-class Support Frigates
    80 Freedom-class Pinnaces
Has been dispatched to deal with the attack in addition to the first fleet, itself consisting of
  • 3 Egg Carrier-class Dreadnaughts
    5 Major-class Battlecruiser
    10 Manta-class Heavy Cruisers
    15 Halberd-class Destroyers
    45 Typhoon-class Light Cruisers
    25 Sawfish-class Cruisers
    40 Crimson-class Missile Frigates
    20 Fox-class Support Frigates
    125 Mako-class Corvettes
    30 Minor-class Gunships
Tactically, plans are to utilize the Typhoon-class to its full extent and try to keep other ships out of harms way.
Further information:
Spoiler:
This is the Typhoon-class (without the palm trees, they were a silly idea by the designer and got removed for serial production)
Those openings in front of the main engine that look like air intakes are actually especially designed thrust redirection systems allowing for the main engine's thrust to be used as RCS to some extent. This makes it able to change its direction of accelleration extremely quickly.
Combine that with programs that are designed to make as inpredictable courses as possible while still being able to fire the main psionic cannon (extendable in earlier versions, in newer builds fixed in the bow) as quickly in succession as its charging process allows for maximum effectiveness against Strigiforme shields.
It also is equipped with a tactical stealth that instead of hiding the ship's signature confuses enemy sensors about its location, making weapon locks very difficult, and with manual attempts of getting a lock -or even just plain manual aiming- on the ship's position being made very difficult by its inpredictable maneuvering it's very hard to actually shoot something well-aimed at it.
In conclusion, this tactic makes them pretty hard to hit and as a result, they have a reasonable chance of not getting their shields fully knocked down at any time and a pretty high chance of not suffering severe demage before the Strigiforme shields are brought down.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:11 am

The 2nd Star Guards, Queen's Lancers and the 32nd Assault Fleet dropped out of FTL on the edge of the MQR system Beta Draconis, signalling their intent to approach and assume orbit of the inhabited world to contact the Mobian government.

A carrier group has been assigned to the Levellon system, apparently guarding a small research station.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:11 am

Access to orbit has been granted to the NC.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:17 pm

New development:

"Eastwood" class heavy drone.
Spoiler:
Name: Eastwood
Class: Heavy Drone
Weaponry: 1 x AEGIS-DEW system,2x Nanite-Missile fabricator,1 x 20mm linked coil-gun.

[AEGIS is a new targetting system. Based on the GARDIAN,its a micro-version equipped with small Direct Energy lasers to shoot down incoming treats [Missiles,flak sharpnel]. The denomination can be used for the AEGIS software,too]

The Eastwood is a versatile combat drone. Desgined to be used in many duties,is very advanced in both construction and operation. The construction is made with a special alloy that can be reinforced with a layer of radiation,making it stronger. It is used to supplement battlefield technicians, serving as mobile jammers and ELINT (ELectronic INTelligence) gathering platforms or in wings to assist fighter formations. Can be used as scouts and as a micro sensor station on enemy territory.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New fleet complete.

The 34th Raven fleet is being put under the command of the Orthus [Darkstar Secret Service].

45 Scarlet Frigates
6 Gemini carriers
23 Everest cruisers
50 Ironshield [Decomissioned] frigates
10 Nox heavy cruisers
ARCHON heavy battleship [Smaller than a dreadnought,bigger than a cruiser]
10 Echelon MCU
3 Mini-Yard MCU
10 Flapjack freighter ships.

The 34th Raven fleet is designed to respond quickly to any threat,made of the fastest ships available to Darkstar. Logistc support is minimal,with the MCUs being able to process resources on-site
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The HOPE colony project is only at the beggining. Right now,some colonists are at the current designed places to begin the settlements with pre-fab materials and solar plants. Yalo,a metal rich planet is going to be used for the resources. Roiu,a planet on his last days as a habitable world,can support human life easily : Population center and food production. Ellhos, a ice-cold planet is going to be used by Orthus. Nothing else is know. Military presence is low,with small frigate wolfpacks patrolling and a small "show the flag" fleet of cruisers and carriers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Research on the range of the hadron technology is almost complete. With better conductors,the acceleration of the particles would be bigger. Range is aumengted and computers are being programmed specially to calculate for the new weapon [AEGIS system]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc: How i contact the strigeforms?
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:34 pm

All shipyards within the Strigiforme Empire have been seized with no promise of reparations. All resource production centres, factories, and industrial complexes have been nationalized for the duration of the conflict with the EE. Ships are now being produced with no given cap by the Council.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Approaching the planet, the lead Novan frigates broke off formation and descended towards the atmosphere, powering shields. The remaining ships powered shields, ECM, and weapons, and began locking MQR ships as targets. The 2nd SG's carrier opened its bays, launching its full complement of 48 fighters.

The destroyers sprinted ahead, running their engines up to full power and closing to weapons range. They began firing, cathcing several MQR ships by surprise. A pair of support cruisers unfolded their artillery, firing massive 1500mm shells at the Mobian vessels. A number of ships deployed psionic jammers to prevent psi-attacks on the fleet.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:00 pm

OOC:

I do apologize, I'm super busy so won't be able to advance that thing I was doing for a while.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Transmition to NC:
There is an entire fleet of yours attacking a planet of mine.
What the hell is wrong?
--------

OOC: @LS You send a PM to ACH, simple as that
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Transmission from F. Adm. Harris to MQR//Wide-band Unencrypted

Nothing's wrong. The Strigiforme are merely a preferably ally, given your recent... experiments. If you wish, you may surrender.

The amassed ships closed slowly, with fighters and destroyers running between enemy vessels, and the frigates in the atmosphere opening up on ground targets - primarily defensive weapons and military installations, with power generation as secondary targets.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Barrage Cannon is firing at Equestria. Their basic orbital shields will not hold up under this barrage. Wartime production has produced several frigates and cruisers. The SDI have also sent fleets into Serpentis, with the Ryytils supporting the Strigiforme with psionic defences and attacks.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:23 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:I would have a quite 'generous' surrender offer for you.

The Moboquestrian Republic would become an autonomous region within the Novan Commonwealth.
We would get to make our own laws and have our own government, but major national-level issues (e.g. border security) would be taken over by the NC.
Military, Secret Service, Foreign policy, Research and other similar matters would also be integrated into and regulated by the NC.

Explaining why I offered you the thing next to annexation, it simply is demage control.
Under the current circumstances, this would be the only alternative to extinction by the Strigiforme.
OOC, Sent to me via PM.
BIC,

Orders have been passed to Novan ships to stand down. Given how the Strigiforme are now technically within Commonwealth territory, they have been asked (politely) to disarm, or depart. Continued assault on Equestria will be considered hostile action.

A number of Novan ships have been dispatched to Equestria.