Post yer RPs here.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Owls as the bad guys

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Iv121 wrote:Well it is possible to make the owls heroes too, simply switch to their perspective.
Daynel wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:Are owls the real villains here?
Owls are always the villains. Even when owls are the heroes. No exceptions.
Icelandic Perehelion wrote:I think even the owls know they're evil, they just A. don't care or B. like the role of Designated Villain.
As a rule of thumb, in Empire RPs and a few First-Person RPs, the Owls are evil. This stems from their hatred of equestrians, willingness to conquer, and ruthlessness and skill in battle. These traits cause them to be greatly misunderstood by the rest of the galaxy; these gentle creatures really do have hearts under their cold, galaxy-conquering and genocidal exteriors. Here, I will attempt to show you the other side of the owl

At home
After a long day of killing equestrians and building navy ships, the average owl returns home. The owl returns home to his family; a mate of the opposite gender and maybe a hatchling or two. Most owls live in pleasant homes; domestic abuse and violence is at only about 2% in all worlds due to the availability of police intervention. When the average owl returns to his home, he can usually expect a nice, traditional meal. The meal fills the gap in the owls stomach, making him feel warm and happy. Owls are extremely good parents; for the year the hatchling is kept in custody by their parents before being taken to state boarding schools for ~20 years, they are usually fed several times a day and spend nearly all their time with a parent. One especially important part of the average owl home is the hearth; the warm fire in the home which forms its beating heart. An ancient owl tradition, the hearth is where most owls spend their time, sitting and roosting and preening and talking and watching government sponsored programmes. Yes, the owl home is a place of peace and happiness, contrasting with the rest of the galaxies view of the Strigiforme

In the Cities
Owl cities are vibrant and very much alive places, as opposed to popular portrayals by the rest of the galaxy, most exemplified by the infamous holomovie Cuuyth Streets, which showed the average Strigiforme city as a dangerous place, filled with soldiers and angry, (blood)lust filled civilians. In reality, the streets of the average owl city are a peaceful place, with police keeping everyone safe. The average owl city has many notable features, such as the market. The market is at the heart of the owl city; it is where most of the owls get their fresh produce, specialty crafts, and meet friends. The market is an often winding conglomerate of small stalls which sell anything you could ever want; from fresh fruit to carved flutes. Very few non-owls ever see the market due to the lack of a tourism industry; this means that a vacation to Cuuyth or any other owl city is a unique vacation. Owl cities are safe, with police in ready supply and fully armed. Take a vacation to Cuuyth this holiday season!

This will be updated sometimes. It will show and disprove your beliefs of the Strigiforme, showing that we are really a kind an peaceful species who has only been misunderstood. Post your own if you like, just remember this is Strigocentric.
Last edited by ACH0225 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: Owls as the bad guys

Post by Vinyl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:22 pm

I guess that sort of explains why those captured hatchlings tasted as good as they did...
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:46 am

I think that owl-hate is an oversimplification of a much more complex system of governmental and societal dogmas within strigiforme culture.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:01 am

catsonmeth wrote:I think that owl-hate is an oversimplification of a much more complex system of governmental and societal dogmas within strigiforme culture.
Well. The result is still that owl political agendas include threatening the Equestrians and their allies, essentially locking the EE/MQR into war/conflict with them.
I do not mind Strigiforme culture and will only ever have issues with their hate for Equestrians, which essentially puts me in a defensive position (moral-wise), giving me some benefits when I have to explain my actions. And who doesn't want to have instant reasoning for everything?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:09 am

Well who knows what horrible things the Equestrians have done to the poor owls that they hate you so much O.o
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:33 am

Updated
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:50 am

The strifigorme seem to give the police a lot of power, or at least a lot of weapons. What happens if a police starts assaulting citizens?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:58 am

The other police take him down.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:03 am

And what if THE police starts assaulting citizens ?

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 am

AFAIK most nations don't hate the Strigiforme, just fight them out of necessity.

And also, from what I get of owl culture, they're incredibly friendly to each other, but massively xenophobic.

So Strigiforme NK and the Equestrians are locked in a Forever War?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Owls as the bad guys

Post by Vinyl » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:21 am

You have a militarized entity not linked to your armed forces? How inefficient. Over here in [VINYL'S FACTION], you can always rest safe at night knowing that your eligible friends and neighbors watch over you from the skies (example poster unavailable at this time).
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Doesn't seem like you gonna lure many citizens to your borders with that, freedom is the way to go ! That is why the UTA is the best among all Terran factions, especially NeoRome, and that is why you should move to our fine nation right now ! Yes do not hesitate ! We at the UTA are proud that our nation ranks first place among all Terran factions in all technological, economical, educational ,social and welfare parameters, making us the Terran country of your choice for 10 years straight ! No other Terran nation has ever excelled at so many parameters at once, especially not NeoRome, fill your immigration cards today ! For NeoRoman citizens who immigrate today a special immigration found provided !

*all statistics provided by the United Terran Statistical Institute.

Ehhm where were we ? Oh yes freedoms, you should have more freedom, yea ... its liberating ! And also brings more citizens.
Last edited by Iv121 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Tempted to rename this to "Faction Info/Propaganda Thread."

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Well Error don't you want to live in our fine nation ? We got more freedom than NeoRome, assured by the United Terran Statistical Institute .

BTW did you know that the UTA is the number one trading partner for owls ? They might give a cold back, but money doesn't smell ! Join the UTA free market today ! No other market is as free is ours, especially not NeoRome.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:59 pm

And here I am, sitting pretty in the Commonwealth, ignoring the petty scuffles of.. you lot.