Re: Where we Left Off

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:37 am

EAS.02: 100%
EAS.03: 0%
EAS.04: 0%

SY.02: 0% (Frigate Factory)

Shotgun: 75%
ME Converter: 40%

((I guess I should do a bit of explaining while I can))

The ME converter itself is 30% efficient, but due to the massive amounts of energy it produces and limitations on the transport and storage, you only end up with about 12.5% of perfect ME conversion.

The shotgun is going is going to fire a *words* that contains 24 slugs of dense materials below(towards the center of the *words*) which is an explosive charge that is set to go off a short time after leaving the barrel of the gun. Each explosion towards the back of the *words* is set to a slightly different time. So in short it's not actually a shotgun.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:10 am

Sabazius is almost halfway through her strip-down: all systems deemed unnecesary are being removed before the refit to Titan is beginning. Given the station is still operational as a station, a large area on several decks has been refitted as a GSI diplomatic area and strategic command center.

OVerall, .8% completion of the Sabazius Titan.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:49 am

Solar, what the fuck does *words* mean? Is this some new-age redacted? I don't like it at all.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:01 am

*words* means he's not sure what words to put there.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:38 am

Professor Fenway wrote:Solar, what the fuck does *words* mean? Is this some new-age redacted? I don't like it at all.
Don't think of it as redacted, think of it as mad libbs.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:49 pm

I don't know the proper word to put into *words* so I substituted it with *words.* the thing in this case is a thing used to house multiple smaller things to be fired from a larger gun.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Solar112 wrote:I don't know the proper word to put into *words* so I substituted it with *words.* the thing in this case is a thing used to house multiple smaller things to be fired from a larger gun.
I believe that's traditionally called a "clip" or "magazine".
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Admiral Vinyl wrote:
Solar112 wrote:I don't know the proper word to put into *words* so I substituted it with *words.* the thing in this case is a thing used to house multiple smaller things to be fired from a larger gun.
Well, not in this situation, I believe. Unless you fire the magazines themselves, which you might do, I must admit I am no expert in Hexalan weapons technology.
But I believe the word you're looking for is a shell, as in a shotgun shell.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Shells or bullets - the object fired. Casing - the case holding the propellant. Round - both of the above together. Clip - a group of rounds. Magazine - a box that keeps the rounds inside ready to fire.

Clip =/= magazine.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Admiral Vinyl wrote:
No, this does not hold them to be fired sequentially, it fires them all at once. more specifically it fires the *words* which holds the slugs, which are propelled away from the *words* by an explosive.

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:43 pm

The casing holds the slug(s) together and comes apart after firing, Solar?

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Well this one doesn't necessarily come apart it just keeps them together ... but yeah that works. thought there was a more specific word for it though I may be wrong.

E: the word I was looking for is 'Sabot.'

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Creation of a new fleet is on-going. Exclusive shipyards are now working at full capacity.

The new fleet will be called "Fast Response fleet". While Darkstar fleets are already fast to react to attacks,the new fleet will be exclusive for this task only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Researchers are trying to improve the Centurion shield system with the new Omni-Generator. Tests are being made to calibrate the Omni-generator to the shield energy demands and to debug the softwares to better damage calculations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engineers are working on a new "fast response" carrier. Small enough to not attract attention and capable of operating far away from home for extended periods of time.
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Your grammar improved massively. Congratulations.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:17 pm

META:
At the current rate, the first sphere would be finished within the next century.
Move to White Spruce is nearly done, most of the remaining time is data transfer.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe