Post yer RPs here.
Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: Where we Left Off

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:28 am

@Tiel in my book the protectorate was still a mamber of the GSI, so when you attacked them, due to the military aid part of the GSI, it counts as agression against all members of the GSI, including the MQR.
So technically, for legal matters, this is a defensive action and therefore allows for circumventing the parliament and a lot of the paparwork.
and while I described the MQR as "peace-loving", keep in mind that the MQR has had agression with the Strigiforme going on for centuries and even before their isolation, the MQR didn't have good relations with the Taln, so a large portion of them is very biased against avians. Also note that while the general ideology in the MQR is "peace-loving", many wars with the Strigiforme and almost every one of them ending in loss of systems for the MQR, a pretty powerful militaristic party has developed on the grounds that "a large and powerful military is required for survival".
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:39 am

Ivan2006 wrote:@Tiel in my book the protectorate was still a mamber of the GSI,
I've never been GSI, whatever that is.
Ivan2006 wrote:this is a defensive action and therefore allows for circumventing the parliament and a lot of the paparwork.
Ivan, that's not how it works. Not in any 'free' nation, anyway, which you've said on multiple occasions you are. The procedure for that type of government necessitates a majority vote (otherwise you end up in a autocracy by any other name) for any significant military action such as the deployment of a fleet. And even then there's so much bullshit paperwork involved that combat personnel can't even so much as look funny at established enemies until they've talked to their CO, who then talks to their CO, who then...you get the idea.

The only way to bypass this as I tend to do is by having a similarly regimented society ala ACH, or one that revolves around military pride to the point that this kind of offensive action can slip under the table of domestic government. So for someone who describes themselves as 'peace-loving'...no, I really don't think so. Someone who loves peace wouldn't deploy a battlegroup at the slightest hint of a fight, never mind completely overturn their democratic principles in the process.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:52 am

Sorry, I meant stratocracy, not protectorate. Must have been tired or something. And GSI is an alliance that the Solari were part of and includes them, Novus, Hexalan and the MQR, and the Novans propably mostly didn't go to war with you because of that alliance because you had no way of knowing about it.
And if you say that "no free nation ever" could bypass a majority vote, I would like to point you at the President of the US, who is capable of declaring war on anyone without asking the parliament.
While I agree that the powers of the US president are a bit high, keep in mind that what to do with the military is the executive's buisness, which usually does not include any parliament decisions.
What parliament majority votes are required for is budget plans and actions beyond the executive's normal limits of authority (in many cases including declaration of war, which, however, in this scenario is not required due to already present agression). If you think about how Strigiforme invasions are a constant threat and very quick response to them must be assured at all times to not endanger two entire species (Mobians and Equestrians), it is only logical that defensive action (which this is, since the Taln have attacked the Solari homeworld, who are in the GSI) is inside the normal authority of the executive, which means that the supreme commander of the forces (in this case, the SGM), is legally capable of sending a fleet there.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:31 am

Ivan2006 wrote:Sorry, I meant stratocracy, not protectorate. Must have been tired or something. And GSI is an alliance that the Solari were part of and includes them, Novus, Hexalan and the MQR, and the Novans propably mostly didn't go to war with you because of that alliance because you had no way of knowing about it.
And if you say that "no free nation ever" could bypass a majority vote, I would like to point you at the President of the US, who is capable of declaring war on anyone without asking the parliament.
While I agree that the powers of the US president are a bit high, keep in mind that what to do with the military is the executive's buisness, which usually does not include any parliament decisions.
What parliament majority votes are required for is budget plans and actions beyond the executive's normal limits of authority (in many cases including declaration of war, which, however, in this scenario is not required due to already present agression). If you think about how Strigiforme invasions are a constant threat and very quick response to them must be assured at all times to not endanger two entire species (Mobians and Equestrians), it is only logical that defensive action (which this is, since the Taln have attacked the Solari homeworld, who are in the GSI) is inside the normal authority of the executive, which means that the supreme commander of the forces (in this case, the SGM), is legally capable of sending a fleet there.
Ivan, only congress can declare war. Bush did an illegal mitary action in his power but he got away with it from circumstances.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:21 am

Really? They teach us in school here that the US president can legally declare war on anyone.
Propably because of a misinterpretation of something by European political scientists, which led to all people in Austria studying bullshit.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:07 am

The only reason the Commonwealth is there is a) They're in our space and b) the Navy can cut the BS and appeal stright to the Prime minister on defense matters, and the PM is the highest authority on military matters (only combined Parliamentry vote overrules him).

So unless you've a rogue faction, you'd still be fighting Red Tape™.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:26 am

Really?
I was under the impression that this was technically an attack on the GSI?
No?
Okay, in that case, say the 3rd fleet is not being sent to the respective location, but has been mobilized, and DEFCON has only been raised to 3, due to the threat of a Taln VS GSI war should they open fire at you.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:25 am

The new powerplants,called "Omnifold" is now on full production.
Spoiler:
The Omnifold uses a special crystal called Fold-Quartz to produce energy. Injecting eletrical current on the crystal,a small fold singularity is created and contained,generating energy.

This,but contained and smaller to generate energy.

The reactor can supply energy at a superior level even for a matter-antimatter powerplant. Final tests are on-going to install it on the Antares flagship ASAP.
-----------------

The Dyson ring is on 50% in contruction. Right now,many solar plants are ready to be deployed and are being put around the star.

---------------

Cheap and modular powercells are being produced to receive directly the energy of the dyson ring and special manufacturing plants are being constructed to produce ship fuel.
Spoiler:
In combat, military vessels require accelerations beyond the capability of fusion torches. Warship thrusters inject antiprotons into a reaction chamber filled with hydrogen. The matter-antimatter annihilation provides unmatched motive power. The drawback is fuel production; antiprotons must be manufactured one particle at a time. Most antimatter production is done at massive solar arrays orbiting energetic stars
----------

Creation of the new heavy cruiser is on-going. Right now,studies are aiming at a better armor to full frontal defense
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 am

Lightspeed, keep in mind that "at superior levels to matter-antimatter powerplants" basically means that you are arsepulling immense ammounts of energy from extradimensional sources.
You need to be Strigiforme to pull that off.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:35 am

Plus a lot of this seems ripped right from M.E.

I'll grant you antimatter thrusters are pretty universal, but it's actually rather difficult to get power out of a naked singularity, it really is.

Most ships use either fusion-torch thrusters of fusion-thermal systems - running hydrogen past a (very hot) fusion reactor and using the now-expanding hydrogen as the exhaust and motive force. RCS systems are normally oxygen-hydrazine or something similar.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:26 am

The Strigiforme have begun work on weaponizing their shield technology by using a thickened shield as the projectile with the shield generator inside rigged with high explosives. This technology would be similar to the Barrage Cannon's weapons system, which fires super shields at enemies, though these would fire standard shields. [meta]Additionally, the Strigiforme are working on a new viral agent which will exclusively target those with psionics and neutralize their powers[/meta].

An envoy of the SDI has been sent to the edge of known Taln space, and will attempt to hail the Taln to request a meeting and give an invitation to join the SDI. They will not force their way into Taln space without invitation.

Strigiforme Construct Completion- 94%
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:17 am

EAS.01: 0%
EAS.02: 0%
EAS.03: 0%
EAS.04: 0%

SY.00: 87% (Frigate Factory)
SY.01: 0% (Frigate Factory)
SY.02: 0% (Frigate Factory)

Upon completion os SY.00 it is estimated that an increase of 7 percent per day(3-5 posts I'll assume because that's pretty much what I've always done) for Electronics Assembly Stations, and a and increase of 9 percent per day for frigate factories. This is due to the ability to construct modular sections of the stations and a faster rate than the constructor ships were able to.

Jade continues the hypothesising of a one way jumpgate.

One-Way Jumpgate hypothesis: 66%

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:41 am

Commander Error wrote:Plus a lot of this seems ripped right from M.E.

I'll grant you antimatter thrusters are pretty universal, but it's actually rather difficult to get power out of a naked singularity, it really is.

Most ships use either fusion-torch thrusters of fusion-thermal systems - running hydrogen past a (very hot) fusion reactor and using the now-expanding hydrogen as the exhaust and motive force. RCS systems are normally oxygen-hydrazine or something similar.

OOC: The powerplant is mine,but the explanation about fusion torches and anti-proton drive is from the Mass Effect wiki because i am bad at explaining things with bad english. The powerplant is highly experimental,and not all ships will have it,so i will not spawn "MOTHERFRIKKIN SHIPS MADE OF ENERGY",do not worry.

If you juice it more than the normal anti-matter equivalent yeld,it gets bigger and unstable so it will require more energy to mantain it.
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Emperor's Child system has been fortified, the same goes for the Haven system in Triangulum. Engineer ships are being sent to Triangulum to build a shipyard there.

//TRANSMISSION TO STRIGIFORME NATIONALIZED KINGDOM//
We are sending engineer ships through your gate to Triangulum.
//END//
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:10 pm

A number of WarShips have been pulled into shipyards. When asked, the government stated their railgun complement was being halved, and replaced by ion-bolt weapons.

The Long Reach system is fortified, and antiair defenses are being placed around the surface colonies.

Construction of six Hopeful-class hospital ships has begun.