Post yer RPs here.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: Where we Left Off [RP TITAN]

Post by Vinyl » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:04 pm

A seed is just a lump of scrap metal used to shield harvesters. The harvesters then (rather quickly) use the heap of scrap to produce some mobile factories. The harvest then continues to seek out usable materials and either brings them to the nearest factory or makes another factory. The harvesters will continue that process until they are either destroyed or have been bound to a factory. All the while, the factory (mobile via legs, wheels, floaties, or whatever else is needed to traverse the terrain they operate in) is dynamically producing units that are either workers or warriors. Workers help the factories by building, dismantling, upgrading, and collecting. Warriors are used to fight anything that is deemed an enemy or is hostile. Workers and warriors become progressively more advanced as the workers add on to the factories. Once the world is conquered, they then build starports and take to space where they contribute to the navy. If seeding is not a viable option, they can use transports and superships to transfer warriors and factories to the destination.

They spread rather fast. There's probably already a couple factories churning out workers and warriors right now.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:28 pm

[meta]Strigiforme message to all attacked groups, asking if fire support is required. Also, 3 Strigiforme fleet moving in to protect Menya, along with 20 pleb SDI Triangulum fleets.[/meta]
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:37 pm

[meta]1 hundred probes have been launched from the forces at Laruth. At a glance, they'd appear as no more than a stray bit of debris (or in the case of the Laruthians, a seed). Distribution of destinations:
10, Orion Imperium
10, Mobian Republic
10, Darkstar
10, Tajer
10, Antioch United Federation
50, Strigiforme Nationalized Kingdom[/meta]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:01 pm

10 objects of unknown origin have been detected crash-landing on AUF planets after leaving subspace. Two fleets have been dispatched to investigate and destroy these objects.

The NeoRoman fleet at Menya has retreated just before the secondary shield collapsed. It has formed up with the battle fleet at Vortex Station and is currently preparing several planet-busting weapons.

The three NeoRoman detachments in WLM have begun attacking. Save for several command ships, the ships are entirely robotic (using ARK tech) and have managed to secure the entry systems (backwater systems or uninhabited, mind you) with moderate casualties, but it is clear the present force is incapable of taking WLM. Production in NGC 1300 is being completely focused on producing more ships to attack WLM. In addition, NR is adopting a 'scorched earth' strategy. All Hexaguthian worlds that are come across will be destroyed via singularity implosion bombs, in order to not risk unacceptable casualties in manually taking the planets.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:04 pm

OOC: The probes don't use FTL, instead they're just sent off at high speeds.
BIC

With the NR gone from Menya, the full force is being directed on the Novans.
Last edited by Vinyl on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:06 pm

Right, be ready for hundreds or thousands of years of travel time.

Without FTL, iz gon b a while.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:07 pm

Vinyl wrote:OOC: The probes don't use FTL, instead they're just sent off at high speeds.
Then by time those probes land anywhere they'll be effectively useless.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Did I post that bit? I need to develop my proofreading skillz.

Anyways, yes is FTL. But they won't be crashing on your planets. They're on a trajectory that simply has them sail harmlessly (unless someone gets in their way) through space before reentering FTL.

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:33 pm

The Orion Imperium, observing reports of these metal debris carrying Hexaguthian robots, were quick to shoot them out of the sky. Planetary defense shields have been raised over all planets. The Imperial Navy has been mobilized yet again. Only 1 of the seeds made it through; it landed on a small agri-world. 2 Imperial Marine Divsions have been dispatched to deal with it. The ARCHANGEL system has been activated and targeted. Only the order remains to be given.

OOC: Vinyl, please describe your definition of "supership." You have 20.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:43 pm

Practically all AUF planets are under constant sensor surveillance in all aspects, and can detect practically anything entering the atmosphere (even cloaked ships due to atmospheric disturbances). FTL or no, it's safe to say I detected them all, and given the state of war, figured out their function and destroyed them. Remember: police military state.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:59 pm

OOC: Right then, Im just gonna assume they were detected otherwise there either not getting anything then empty space or will arrive in 100 to 1000000 years.

A number of foreign FTL probes were swiftly destroyed by automated corvette patrols, Analysis of the debris shows them to be of Hexelani origin.

Fleets are on high alert and patrols have been tripled to protect the TTR.
-----------

Continued development of Draco has produced a number of new Civilian and Military infrastructures, Newer more compact multi-cell shipyards are now producing automated corvettes at a wartime rate.

----------
Basic design of an automated cruiser has been finished and is undergoing rigorous testing and improvments.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Any of them that come close to Strigiforme planets ping off the shields.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:34 am

Don't need to get anywhere close to planets. All they need to know is that X is still at X. This is achieved via simple instrumentation.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:11 am

Professor Fenway wrote:Practically all AUF planets are under constant sensor surveillance in all aspects, and can detect practically anything entering the atmosphere (even cloaked ships due to atmospheric disturbances). FTL or no, it's safe to say I detected them all, and given the state of war, figured out their function and destroyed them. Remember: police military state.
I guess you also destroy every single one of the hundreds of meteors that crash on each of your planet every day too?
And scrap from your own satellites?
Because the seeds wouldn't appear much different.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:14 am

The probes have been picked up by sensors, but since they have not been recognized as such, after calculations have shown they are not going to crash into anything relevant anytime soon, have been left alone.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied