Post yer RPs here.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: Where we Left Off [RP TITAN]

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Prepare your resource anus, The Tajer are coming to town with dirt cheap materials.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:33 am

Vinyl wrote:ЦФTЗ SФCIДLIST HЦMДИ

NOT

SФVIЗT ФШL
Face it, you're only in the UGC because we need you if we have an internal... disagreement on future politics.

@Tajer Appearently the MIN screwed up with their files, I will have to tell them to be more careful.

With the Novan nanobots having effectively immunicized the entire poulation of the MR and Laruth, the quarantine has been lifted.

[meta]With the Draco galaxy save once more, Project Genesis is being returned to its original location there. With successful evacuation of everyone there, it has not been a main target of the ARKs and the small demage done was repaired by the local robots. However, the robot factory itself has been destroyed and will be rebuilt. The MR Draco Colonies are still under MR military-only access.[/meta]

The MR has gotten into an economic boom due to full MR access to Draco now allowing for civilian traffic to and from Draco to operate via MR vessels, which have the added benefit of good diplomatic relations to factions like Novus, which most other UGC members are not on particulary good terms with, creating an easy route for Draco resources to be shipped there.
As a further consequence, civilian ship production in the MR has skyrocketed.

[meta]MR scientists have finally been able to replicate the lost plans of the Eclipse Cannon. It is being evaluated for mounting on the Titan, resuming the production of which is also being considered.[/meta]

//encrypted message to Laruth//
As the quarantine has now been lifted and we have access to cheap resources from Draco, we would like to dig up that old Cavnin drone tech.
We can afford to build a very large fleet, but we don't have the capability of training the personell. This is why we need drone ships.
//end of message//
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:27 am

Message to the Moboequestrian government//

Caution to where you send resources.

We don´t want the idea that you just a parasite extracting precious resources to our not-so-friendly Novans.
------
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:44 am

//Message to Darkstar//
It's called "free market". The Tajer gave me full access to Draco, which includes civilian vessels.
The civilian vessels then bought resources from Draco production facilities, and then used their Mobian registration to get just as easily into Novus as they got into Draco and then sell the resources there.
I can litterally not control this process without going communist and planned economy. Complain at the Tajer for not thinking through the consequences of fully opening Draco to a market-driven democracy which has trade agreements with someone you don't like.
I can only have them pay VAT like any other company in the MR would have to. Though I could make an "intergalactic import tax" to reduce that effect...
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:34 am

[Encrypted Message to MR]
Dig up is hardly the word to be used in this situation. Drones are still being actively used. A shipment of A.I. cores will be sent to you, do NOT let these fall into enemy hands until they have been activated. Installing them into the ship should be simple enough but we will send a team of engineers with the shipment.
[Message end]

[meta]{Unknown Space: Weapons Test}
A recently commissioned Hammerhead class battleship is to test a new weapon known as the warp missile. Technology is by no means new but improvements to warp drive technology are supposed to make it deadly precise. Hammerhead is 10 A.U. away from target and behind a planet.

After test, results are more than successful. The missile hit its mark and tore through the target. Test will not be repeated because of significant costs of the missiles.

Weapon explanation: The Warp Missile is a projectile based weapon that uses a warp drive to rapidly approach its target. Missile will exit warp at an extremely high velocity causing massive kinetic damage to whatever is in its path. Improvements allow the missile to make extremely fine adjustments to its trajectory in order to hit its target. Missile is suspected to be most effective when target is caught off guard. Should a target be aware of incoming threat there is still little chance of escape unless FTL travel is initiated.[/meta]
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Forge World Aquaria has been completed; production, research, and augmentations are now underway fully.

Almost forty percent of the CSN Engineering Branch is now augmented with Forge World enhancemnets, biological and mechanical. A number of infantry volunteers are now recieving test combat implants and augments.

[Meta] The Strigiforme anti-psionic virus is being studied; both a contained sample and scans taken by nanites are being examined with the proverbial fone-tooth comb. A possible cure or reversal treatment is being considered, but will likely be some time off. [/Meta]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:29 pm

OOC: It appears the Laruthians have fallen back in tech after the Catian civil war... stuff like those Warp Missiles is pretty much standard issue for low- to medium-yield superweapons... You are litterally building the pathetic cousin of a Strigiforme Barrage Cannon's little brother. Not to mention Warp is outdated. We haven't been using that in ages. It doesn't get you anywhere with a reasonable speed and it's incredibly inefficient.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:37 pm

Hyperdrives are the most common, being cheap and effective. Slipspace is also up there, a tad faster and more expensive; jump drives are instananeous travel, but have mind-blowing power and mpnetary costs.

Warp drives are pretty much a kid's toy at this point. And relatavistic missiles are fairly standard; most shields can take them.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Yeah, for a warp missile to be effective, you really need to use some fancy warp effects or else you can just as well fire a MAC...
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:40 pm

OOC: Really? That doesn't sound the slightest bit OP to any of you?
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:01 pm

OOC: That's propably the weakest weapon I've seen in [meta]-tags this entire thread... The Strig litterally use a more powerful version of this as main gun on their capital ships, not to mention the Barrage Cannons, which are also essentially this, but much more powerful... If that's "too expensive to test again" you really need a BIG tech injection from the MR. Or your nation needs to look up "economy" in the dictionary. I assume it's the first. This is maybe good for shooting down a stray frigate, but anything else? Nah, definitely not. And warp is too slow to really produce the "undodgeable" effect unless you're basically in the same system, that weapon is quite... mediocore by our standards. Definitely not a superweapon you'd expect in secret development.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:21 pm

OOC: So what i'm getting is that no amount of producable kinetic force can break through shields today.
Ok so lets say we have something going almost the speed of light, 299,000,000m/s in this case. Let's plug this in to our Kinetic energy equation. K=1/2mv^2. v^2= 8.9401x10^16. Now i got a random mass for an ICBM which is 8800 kg. 8800x.5=4400. 4400x8.9401x10^16=3.933644x10^20. Also known as

393364400000000000000 Joules if i did this correctly. You're saying a shield can take that much force and not break?
Last edited by Luna on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Sky is the Limit"

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:39 pm

OOC: No the problem is your like WW1 Germany trying to fight the modern United States. Your just massively outclassed.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error

Post by Error » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:39 pm

It can; just not in one volley.

Shields could probably allow a ship to fly throuh the corona of a star at this point; some (Strigiforme super-shields) are essentially completely invulnerable.

Hence fusion lances, lasers, plasma, lods kinetics, subspace, singularity, and just about and other type of weapon are all used en masse.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:49 pm

OOC: so no more kinetic weapons... Ok. Looks like I'll be investing in E warfare.
"The Sky is the Limit"