Post yer RPs here.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: Where we Left Off [RP TITAN]

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:54 pm

The Strig already have some cross species and some specific-species diseases which eliminate psionics; this is established. Making them infect bacterium isn't out of the question, and cross species jumps isn't as difficult when you can tailor the virus with their DNA.

Additionally, the Strig aren't that backwards in most fields, it's just that they lack sophisticated computer systems which holds them back in a lot of fields, one of which isn't this.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Bioweapons you have, yes. However, a single virus, with

-antipsionics (okay)
-infecting bacterium (okay?)
-cross-species (getting iffy)
-kills mutated versions of itself (actually preddy much impossible for a virus to do)

Just to point out it's a bit... of a "You fail biology forever" thing.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:13 pm

This sounds like a box of viruses, considering that DNA isn't exactly the same across the board and especially not the same for all the things you mentioned.

So you've ether just deployed a box of cancer that just nukes any DNA found (AKA you included) or a number of broad range viruses (aka incapable of targeting mutated versions and very prone to getting detected)
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Ok. So scratch the antimutagenics part. They have DNA from both species, so it's fully possible to get it to work with both. As for the bacterium part, it infects strains of bacterium found specifically on human ships and human skin.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:26 pm

[meta]After recent outbreaks of an unknown disease among the staff and civilians at the temporary Genesis site, located in a restricted-access military system, a large number of renowned physicians and disease researchers have been brought there to find out what was happening. First analysis has found a virus with DNA that points towards genetic engineering.[/meta]

//encrypted Message to Novus//
An anti-Equestrian virus-based bioweapon has been released. We hope you can help us develop countermeasures. We believe the virus is already present among the civilian population in high numbers.
We request your assistance with developing countermeasures.
//end of message//

//encrypted Message to Darkstar//
A bioweapon has been released.
GENESIS potantially compromised until cure is found.
Likely origin: Strigiforme.
//end of message//

//encrypted message to Tajer//
We believe the Strigiforme have released a bioweapon into the civilian population potentially capable of killing your ELITEs.
We advise extreme caution.
//end of message//

//encrypted message to Zuguth//
we believe your Equestrian population may be in grave danger due to a recently released Strigiforme bioweapon.
//end of message//

//encrypted message to Laruthians//
Due to the release of a Strigiforme Bioweapon we have to put your entire nation under quarantine in order to prevent the extinction of the Equestrians in your space.
Please do conduct genetic archiving on the Equestrians though, in case their death turns out to be inevitable, and transmit collected data back to us.
//end of message//

The MR has unexpectedly put a very strict quarantine on the recently established Laruthian Protectorate due to "expectations of pandemic problems".
(OOC: since even though it already is a protectorate, basically all communication has been done remotely, contamination is unlikely)
No ships, not even sterile ones, are allowed into their area.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:32 pm

This disease is neither deadly nor new, you know. It was released during Hexalani war, and it only permanently disables psionics. It also passively infects all affected species while displaying no symptoms.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:38 pm

If you consider how... ineffective it was due to Hexalani being Hexalani, it's valid to assume it never infected anyone in the MR.

And since I don't know anything about what the virus does except that it mainly effects Equestrians and its early symptoms, plus it being artificial known through basic research, from my in-RP perspective it's logical to assume it's deadly, even if it turns out it isn't.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Novan medical nanites have been shipped en masse to the MR, and schemiatics and programming systems have been sent as well.

Due to said nanites, the Commonwealth is unaffected.

OOC, nanobots that violently murder anything specified by their programming. Standard among Novans and Commonwealth species.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:43 pm

OOC: Hold on a sec, what does this thing actually do? It prevents psionic activity and... kills itself?
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:05 pm

OOC: It basically is hyper-transmittable, removes any psionic genome from an infected specimen, making it non-psionic and prevents itself from mutating.
BIC:
[meta]The Novan Nanobots have been deployed at the secret military facility and have proven successful in healing patients. Further inspections have concluded that the virus specifically targets the psionic genome, as lab results on infected tissue has shown. It is believed that the infection reaching the brain would cause severe psionic disability even if it was stopped with nanobots past this point. A full, unstopped infection will likely psionically disable a species completely, leading to physical disability in Equestrians (due to them relying on psionics for manipulating objects) and potentially causing a psionic trauma, which in some cases may lead to death. (OOC: Yes, removing psionics can kill people. The brain of psionically active species expects psionic feedback to happen, and if there's one thing I know about neuroscience, it's that confusing a brain is quite unhealthy.) After this great success, the remaining nanobots have been sent on a sterile probe to the Laruth for them to distribute among their population.[/meta]

//encrypted message to Novus//
Thank you for your nanites, but we need more if we want to protect the entire Laruthian Equestrian population. We can't open our quarantine until they're save.
//end of message//

(OOC: The Tajer Elites are likely heavily effected by the virus, because they use a variant of the Equestrian psionics DNA in order to both feed the Elites with psionic energy and connect them via a psionic hivemind, without which they are likely doomed. Basically it's the most lethal thing ever for them to loose their psionics and they have the right genome to be effected by the virus.)
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:24 pm

(The MR now has the plans and fabricator to make more nanobots, so you don't need more, but.)

Another shipment of nanites is being transferred to the MR.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:34 pm

(OOC: shit read over the part where I can make them myself)
[meta]The additional nanobots have been deployed to the Laruthians to protect their population. The quarantine is sceduled for being lifted after deployment has been finished.
Shipments of MR-made nanites are being prepared for delivery to Zuguth and the Tajer.[/meta]
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:46 pm

OOC: What lol no? Ivan what pot are you smoking, These are cyborg meatwalls with Bio-AI's, The zerg plan is still fairly far off. Now, quit giving away my plans :p

[Message through envoy to MR and Laruthian delegates]
Amongst our past dealings with certain publicly unspeakable species due to certain undesirables of you and us, We would like to request permission to send medical research ships amongst the MR and Laruthian populus to gather data to ensure against extinction level events, Along with this we could also glean an amount of medical knowledge amongst your genetics and help with the bioweapon crisis, We would of course share this data with you to help prevent against future crisis.
-------
--Galactic announcement from the TTR government--
Recent information shows that a bioweapon has been released amongst the galactic population, The TTSR has a hypothesis on who released this bioweapon but will refrain from speaking its ideas on it. Such a method is a cowardly tactic and if this perpetrator is exposed they can expect serious galactic repercussions starting with the TTSR.
--------
Meta: The Tajer, Quite adept at dealing with viruses (and not being affected anyway due to hefty police state genetic testing) have shipped the MR-produced Novan nanites to classified labs for research and dismantling.[/meta]

--Draco--
The MR super weapons dealing with the remaining ARKs have allowed the remaining ARK ships to be fairly scattered and weakened from lack of support. The remaining severely damaged ARKs have been swarmed and rendered harmless/destroyed.
[suddenly more ARKs]
[Message to MR navcom]
Three more hostiles have arived, Requesting superweapon fire to finish this quickly
------
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:33 pm

You guys do know that these disease are like AIDS and infect everybody and don't go away? Pretty much all of your populations are infected. Additionally, it's intentionally designed to go around your average anti-viral safeguards.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:43 pm

[Meta] Another psionic outbreak has occurred but was quickly contained by the nano-bots. Antioch Medical is rolling out standardized nanobots to the entire population of the AUF; these versions are designed to protect against any and all diseases, but not preserve psionic power. They are being silently added to the standard P.A.K.

In addition, Subject Zero (AKA Enerjak) has been extremely cooperative and passive with research personnel. Limited use of his powers have been granted.

The 19 super-psionics have been split into 2 groups, one of 9 and one of 10. Nicknamed 'Abaddon' and 'Jotunheim'. However, their psionic power has proven to dramatically shorten lifespan, resulting in an unacceptable upkeep. Given the shadowy nature of the program, plans to intercept and capture a Novan shipment of medical equipment are being drafted. Several stealth ships are being deployed to monitor the nearby Novan worlds.
[/Meta]

-Draco-

The ARK's have finally relented and have fallen back. While hundreds still remain, they are in no condition to fight and value survival over a pyyhric victory. They have returned to dark-space to build up; expect no activity for a couple hundred years.

But at what cost? Thousands upon thousands of ships destroyed on both sides. What remains of the colonies are shrouded by huge debris fields, remnants of ARK stations careening through space, radioactive ruin after ruin on each world.