Post yer RPs here.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
Re: Grounded- Jungle

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:23 am

OOC: We can not let this die!
BIC: Glitch didn't finish telling Jake what the job was, but Jake assumed it had to do with either blowing stuff up or surviving.
So he started placing explosives on the trees.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:34 am

Glitch contacted Jake. "See fi you can take down some of the- Oh. You're already on it. Keep it up, then."

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Ash began to configure the navigation systems. He knew his way around them, but the entire system was a mess. He was plotting and re-plotting data, attempting to figure out their exact location, identify possible escape scenarios, and send a distress signal. The first was easy, but plotting would take some time. After looking it over, he sent it to Glitch to process and render. The second wasn't possible, at the moment. The computer could easily figure out where everything landed, but it was concentrated on other matters. And forget about the last, the communication system is gone. He sighed, and decided to rest for a bit.

He was quickly interrupted by a tone sounding from the Navigation Console. He got up and found a message, waiting. It was addressed to him. If someone wanted to talk to me, why don't they use the communicator? He sighed and opened it. The message details as follows:

Access Hall C Ventilation Shaft, supply closet. Area uploaded to Console.

As he read it, the Ship Map highlighted the appropriate area on the Navigation Console. I didn't know it could do that. He thought about it, then decided to contact Glitch about it. "Glitch, could you check the Hall C ventilation shaft, and tell me what it contains? Could be something important." He finished and sat down in the chair. The console chimed again. A second message.

Damaged Shield Receptacle.

Ash scratched his head, and decided to wait for Glitch.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 am

OOC: No! We must not let it die again!

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:26 pm

OOC: I guess I should post something.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:27 pm

As Jake was about to detonate the explosives on the trees, he heard a scream behind him.
It was from a monkey.

He turned around, and saw one of the vines twisting harder and harder around the monkey's neck, until the little creature was completely choked.
Then the plant sent out some sort of liquid, dissolving the monkey's body, and then it just... absorbed it all.
"Ok I should definitely tell this to the others" he said to himself.

But first he finished detonating the explosives.
Because an expert at blowing stuff up must do what an expert at blowing stuff up has to do.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Glitch detected the explosions and mentally nodded to himself.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:51 am

Ash waited, but then decided to leave. Shields would be good to have on this planet. He checked the ship map once more, closed the window, then set off to the Hall C Ventilation Shaft.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Gulan continued down corridor, through the access tunnel, and to the broken door of his quarters. He slid it to the side and stepped through. He opened his weapon case and removed a compact plasma gun, a long-barreled coil pistol, several containers of ammunition, and a small plasma blade. He placed the knife, coilgun, and ammunition in his belt and clipped the rifle to his back, then thanked himself for not leaving his weapons with the owl. He moved to a storage locker and entered his code, the door retracted into itself. Removed from the locker was a spare heat sink, a personal shield belt, and a communication device to replace his implants. Gulan plugged the tubes of the cooling device into himself and felt cooling, fastened the shield generator around his waist, and slid the communicator into a harness pocket.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 am

off: Can i start a character or the game is closed?
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 am

lightspeed12 wrote:off: Can i start a character or the game is closed?
Well this thread has been dead for a while. I suppose you could make a character if you want to, but the thread probably isn't going to get much more attention. People just aren't as interested in the RP as they used to be...
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:18 am

OOC: Why is this dying? IT SHALL NOT DIE! EVEN IF I HAVE TO TRIPLE POST!

BIC:

Ash skirted around several piles of debris. He looked around for the access vent to the Hall C Ventilation Shaft. He searched until he found it- behind several crushed crates. He sighed and mumbled under his breath. Stupid crates. He pushed them out of the way and then yanked the vent cover off. He shone a flashlight in- much bigger than he expected. He crouched through, and to his surprise, discovered several holo-disks on the floor. And they were still functional. He inserted the first into his personal reader. The message is as follows...

General Lamyx, Log (Static)

The charges are set. With any luck, they'll blow when the ship reaches the coordinates 43.(Static). They have been placed strategically, which would blow the ship apart in a precise way, as to remove guidance, communication, and the engines. The AI will think it best to land on the nearby planet, Relarch IV. Of course, this is what we want. The AI is totally unaware of our plan, and it must remain so. As such, we have to guide it into each step, carefully. And if anything does go wrong, well, we can shut it down if necessary. We hope it won't happen, but we are prepared anyway.

I have attached two of these codes to this data log, for future reference. I doubt anyone will find them, since the Ventilation Shafts are obsolete!

Codes are as follows: 3DTF-8991-71ER 1ABP-7190-45GU

End Log

Ash was shocked at this. He didn't know the contents of the other messages, but he doubted anything this sensitive would be on it. He got up to inform glitch, but paused. He opened it again and re-read the codes. He wrote them down on a scrap of paper, then carefully deleted the codes from the disk, and any sentence referencing them. Satisfied, he left the shaft to return to Glitch.

Behind him, a deep, crimson red light blinked on, and began to move.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 am

Jake entered the ship again and connected his communication equipment to the ship's speaker system.
"This is Jake Cliff, your expert on explosives. I have some bad news and some good news for you. First off, those vines seem to like eating monkeys, and probably larger creatures as well, so in case you want to take a trip outside: It's life dangerous.
Now for the bad news: One of my rocket launchers were taken away too soon in the crash. She was only a few months old, had only helped taking down a few small buildings. So if I seem upset, that's the reason.

Anyways, I think I made a point. This has to be the best crash ever, with man-eating vines and everything! So, everyone who want to help get rid of them and maybe die trying, grab a saw or a flamethrower or something and meet me where Air Lock 08 used to be, but where there now is just a lack of wall!"

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:52 pm

OOC: This RP was fun, as was Wastelands, but we need another Lambda Leonis. That one was the best in my opinion. I tried with Seclusion, but that never really took off. SB-128 had potential, it just kind of withered away.

E: I think I'm going to try again with an RP. It'll be somewhat of an experiment involving strict rules and all that pointless nonsense.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 am

Yeah, pretty much dead.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]