Grounded- Jungle

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Grounded- Jungle

Post by Error » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:17 am

Glitch, monitoring the ship, saw Ash's attempted access to the encrypted message. He frowned mentally, and intercepted and killed the signal. The system reset and asked again for a password.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Jake had climbed up in a tree to get a good overview of the jungle. He saw what was probably the ocean in the distance, and the jungle was everywhere.
These vines were a little strange though. They seemed to grow pretty quick, and they seemed to be able to move. He couldn't see them move when he looked at them, though, but if he turned his back for a moment they hat changed position when he turned around again.
Also, to Jake's great disappointment, there didn't seem to be any large animals on the island. At least not any dangerous ones.
There were some monkey-like creatures though.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Glitch made some more checks. He fired some power to the shield generators, and found them disabled. No surprises there. He began making detailed DRADIS sweeps of the area, and needed to find a way to take the plants out of the picture.

"Jake, you copy? Come in, please. i have a job for you."

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm

As Jake was climbing down the tree, he received a message from Glitch.
"Jake, you copy? Come in, please. I have a job for you."
"Yes, I copy. What's the job?"
"Jake do you copy? Jake come in."
"I said I co.. oh wait I forgot to turn on the mic..
Okay I copy, what's the job?"
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Theta jumped down out of the hole in the assault bay, he didn't bother making his way towards his original destination, it was not longer an integral part of the ship.

The bridge was at the other end of the ship, the quickest way round would be to go over the top of the ship. Theta engaged the electromagnets in his fingers, normally reserved for picking up small objects, but with enough power routed through them, they could be used to climb up a metallic surface.

Theta began climbing up the side of the ship, as he climbed me noticed the vines were moving about quite a lot, but there was no wind. Some of the vines were blocking his way.

>_disengage left hand magnets
>_right hand magnets to 200%
>_engage plasma saw
>_disengage radar scanners in compensation

Out of its concealed casing in Theta's left arm unit, extended a high power plasma saw, once the mechanism was fully extended, the plasma blade was sparked, Theta could cut through a block of lead if he had wanted to.

Theta slashed up with his left arm, cutting away as much of the vines as possible, which fell down and landed in a smouldering heap below. But cutting the vines away only revealed more, cutting those away revealed more vines which concealed even more. Theta didn't have much burn time left on the plasma saw, he would have to make this quick. Theta ascended, hacking away at the barricading vines as he went, but he started to notice, whenever he cut vines away, more would grow back. Theta looked down, the ground was no longer there, he had been completely cocooned by the vines.

>_disengage plasma saw
>_engage energy cannon

The saw retracted back into its housing, which retracted back into Theta's arm unit. Two seconds later, Theta's hand and forearm began to retract, twisting round to reveal a strange looking contraption, which looked like a satellite dish had been crudely mounted on an old school sci-if ray gun. The contraption was a type II energy cannon PDW, more commonly known as a zapper.

Theta engaged the the cannon, firing a burst of crackling energy upwards in a bright fireball, incinerating the vine above him. Before the vines could grow back, Theta jumped upwards, out of the gap, out of the trap, landing hard on the top of the ship"

"Glitch, theta here, I would report what we've lost, but it's probably easier to just say what's left". "There isn't much"

OOC: dinosaurs or no dinosaurs?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:53 pm

OOC: No Dinosaurs.

BIC:

Ash saw the yellow eyes and jumped back. The monkey hooted and disappeared. I guess he wanted to thank me. Too bad I scared him off. He began to return to the console when he felt the eyes on him. He looked back, and the monkey stepped into the light. It was holding a small purple object. Ash squatted down. "What have you there?" Ash asked. The monkey hooted and held it out to him. It looked like a fruit. "Thanks." The monkey hooted and then scrambled onto a monitor. Forgetting the file, he went to the nearby analysis pod and plopped the fruit in. "Glitch, I want to know if this is edible. Could you check it for me?" The machine began to whir, (Surprise it still works) and then it clicked off.

"The nut appears to be edible." Glitch replied. "No toxins detected, but there are high levels of iron and an unknown bio-stimulant. I would recommend recording strange notions or feelings after consumption, this could be valuable research."

"Fine, i'll get your scientific data." Ash took the fruit and plopped it in his mouth. It's alright. I guess. I've had better. He then looked back at the monkey, which cocked its head at him and hooted. "Are there more of them?" The monkey hooted and hopped over to the sensor map. He hooted. "Don't touch that, you hear?" Ash walked over there and pulled it up. The monkey seemed to look at it for a minute. Ash thought it wouldn't understand it when he began to point toward a small outcropping. This area, at least, was not covered in vines or trees. And it was relatively close to the ship. "There's more there?" The monkey hooted and kept pointing. "Alright alright, I'll remember that." The monkey hooted and jumped away. He looked at Ash one more time, then jumped through the hole in the ship and was gone. Seems to be a friendly fellow.

Ash returned to the Communication Console to find the uploading process stopped. Only two files were transferred, and the second was only half done. It asked for another password, this time it was Security Clearance Psi. That's high level. I don't think anyone has that clearance. He tried the previous code to no avail, and then removed the holo-disk. Something or someone doesn't want those files accessed. Shouldn't mess with it, I could get in trouble. I might ask the ship AI, Glitch, about it. Chances are he stopped it. He pocketed the disk and suddenly heard a loud clang outside. He wondered if it was the monkey, when Theta dropped through the breach into the bridge.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:43 am

OOC: Haha. COCKED!

Larha walked from to the assault room corridor, through the remains of war machines. It's too hot. WHY IS IT SO HOT?! He twitched at the thought, releasing the broken cooling device. The sound of it clattering to the deck reminded him of the need for calmness and a new heat sink. Plants. There are plants. Hydroponics is nowhere near here. He examined the gash in the corridor through which spilled dark green. He felt a slight pressure on his ankle and looked down to find a thin tendril wrapped around it. Gulan gently unraveled it. He had worked with drika in his younger years. Drika is carnivorous, fast growing plant native to his dead homeworld. If a piece was cut off, it more would grow in its place, growing faster than their predecessor. It was very improbable that this was drika, this was the wrong shade of green with a faint blue and yellow pattern, but Gulan wasn't taking any chances. He dropped the vine and continued to his quarters.
Last edited by cats on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Rekiin
Recruit
Recruit
Affiliation:The A.S.E

Post by Rekiin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:02 am

"Epic non-climbing skills. I'll add that to my list of unqualifications." Niix growled as he stood at the base of a tree and looked up at the strange fruits above. Each was around the size of a soccer ball and had a shiny, black shell.
"Then again, it probably wouldn't kill me to try. Probably"

Error

Post by Error » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:00 am

Glitch activated the bridge holo-pad and projected himself onto it. "If I may ask, Ash, why were you trying to gain access to classified files?"
At the same time, Glitch also activated the security lockouts on all essential computer systems, coding them to the Captain's, 2iC's, and CMO's passwords.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:39 pm

Theta made his way to the front of the bridge, over the exterior of the top of the ships hull.
Something pinged in his mind.

>_connection from ship systems lost

>_attempt to regain connection?
>_
>_
>_password required

"That's not right, I'm locked out of the ships core systems, only glitch can do that, but why?" Theta thought.

The ships electronic security systems were fairly impressive, they couldn't be hacked by organics or inferior mechanicals, but seeing as it was still an electronic system, it was still vulnerable especially to beings with a high enough capacity to completely emulate a human mind, and outperform it it almost all areas, for Theta, hacking back in would take him a day tops, it was this trait that meant biomechs were not trusted by many governments, they were just too big a security risk.

"Glitch locked that for a reason, if there's sensitive information in there, and I break back in, he'll know, and he'll order my execution" Theta thought

"You could always delete him, after all he's just an inferior AI, he wouldn't even know he was under attack" said a little part of Theta's mind

"Remember what happened last time a Biomech had a mental showdown with an AI" Theta thought back at himself

"Yes, he won, against an AI with far greater capacity of his own, and gained control of an entire system by doing so" that annoying part of Theta's mind reminded him "and he also left you to die"

"Shut up"

Theta carried on towards the bridge, he would enquire about the system lockdown to Glitch, before deciding if it was worth breaking into.

OOC: no dinosaurs? What about big monkeys?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:39 pm

OOC: There's small monkeys. Not sure about big ones, because scans showed no large animals present.

BIC:

Ash looked at Glitch's image. "Just curious. Didn't know what it was. It just popped up on the communicator, as if it was meant for someone. Don't know the name, but it sounds familiar." He paused. "Why do we have classified files anyway? This is a backwater patrol destroyer, not a Capital Ship." He sighed, and then turned around. He spotted Theta coming down the hall.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:34 pm

"Apologies gentlemen, but I had to break a window to get in, I'm locked out of the airlock systems"

"There's a biometric scanner on the outside for operating the air locks you know" Ash replies

"Try holding a lump of metal to that, see how far it gets you"

"Do you intend on fixing the window?"

"It's not exactly a high priority, so, what's the situation?"
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:07 am

Glitch's holo raised an eyebrow. "All other things being equal, I would think that keeping our crew alive is a first priority."
He paused, as if thinking. "Sorry, Theta. Forgot. Here-."
Glitch added Theta's access codes to the ship's systems. "And might want to get yourself checked out, you look...battered."

Error

Post by Error » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:46 am

OOC:..And it dies.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 am

OOC: OH NOES!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *