Post yer RPs here.
superninjakiwi
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Kiwi Republic
IGN:Superninjakiwi
Kiwi's Co-op RP

Post by superninjakiwi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:28 pm

So, a few of you might remember me. Yeah, I kinda left for a while, due to IRL problems. But now I am going to start an RP, so yeah.

First, a list of rules.
1. Each person gets one ship. That ship is sizable enough to colonize a planet, and barely militaristic. None of the ships have FTL ability.
2. Your goal is to get to a planet to begin colonizing it. This can best be accomplished by sticking together.
3. Everyone is allied, so you can't attack one another unless you want all of the other people attacking you. Since each of the ships have approximately the same power, you WILL be overpowered and die.
4. Put the first and last letters of you name in the application in the empty slot.
5. Sorry, due to the way this is working, after it initially starts, no new races will be able to join. I'll give you guys about a day to decide if you are joining. Nothing will be started until then, so i just

If I think of anything else, I will update the OP.

Ok, now the storyline, really short because I'm feeling lazy right now.

The galaxy was in chaos. Everyone was partaking in fighting and bloodshed. Someone (No one knows who) released a black substance that travels between the stars and devours everything. Nothing known can stop it. The races banded together. They still couldn't defeat it. Then someone came across an anomaly, with mines set to destroy the anomaly. After one of each of the empires had passed through, they set off the mines so that the black substance could not travel through. On the other side, they saw a warning buoy, powered by a strange technology. It spoke in the old universal language, with an odd clacking noise, and it took precious days to mostly translate the damaged first sentence: "Turn back now, the path to--@$&*#$%@!@#$!@#--lled with perils."
Experts conveyed the knowledge to their superiors that the strange pronunciation was in fact the long lost Kikiwi, an avoid race that left long ago as a means to avoid the fighting. They also noted that the only other thing in this stretch of space was a second anomaly, identical to the first one that they had passed through.
And then the buoy exploded, damaging several of the ships.

Applications. One empire per person.
Spoiler:
Name:
Build type(Humanoid, Avoid, Equoid ect.):
Finer details:
Pros:
Cons(For balancing purposes, Everyone MUST have cons. The amount does not matter as much as the fact that it must balance the race. Think rock paper scissors, but with more stuff. You can beat some things, but an equal amount of things can beat you. We don't want someone to invent a Capital Nuke and beat everything else. Also, please don't minimax.):
Other Notes.
Spoiler:
Name: Kikiwi
Build type: Avoid
Finer details: about a human and a half tall; sharp beak; talons like feet and hands, 3 toes, 5 fingers; brown feathers; multiple blades on back of arm.
Pros: Very fast, uses its very flexible two front toes to effectively slingshot itself forward; excels at hand to hand combat, due to the blades on its arm. Medium resistance to radiation.
Cons: Not as effective from far away, and personal armor is unheard of. Lack of a certain radiation can, after a certain amount of time, cause temporary war-rage in which they attempt to destroy everything that moves, other than itself.
Other notes: The Kikiwi are a strong race if they can get to you,--the blades are able to slice through a 6' thick wall with ease--but are not able to properly wield guns and other weapons, as the alignment of their fingers prevents proper grip.
Spoiler:
Name:
Type:(democratic, empire, ect.)
Goals(other than surviving and colonizing a world):
Pros:
Cons:
Other Notes:
Spoiler:
Main material/material resistance(be realistic):
Power type(again, be realistic):
Weapon type(^):
Pros:
Cons:
Other Notes:
Last edited by superninjakiwi on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Re: Kiwi's Co-op RP

Post by Crash Override » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Name: Sons of Gaia
Build type(Humanoid, Avoid, Equoid ect.): Human
Finer details: The Sons of Gaia is how the refugees are knowed. 2 Seed ships were launched,the Calypso and the Tantalus. Completely created to colonize. But one of then was lost in the process and Calypso is on-going to Beta Caeli system. In 1 year,they will begin the last human colony
Pros: A All-around race,very inteligent and powerfull,with a good eye for trade. Have a caring heart,courage and all qualitys that make a good person.
Cons: As well as a good,the human can be bad as devil himself. Rage,greed and all elements that make someone be hatefull are present too.
Other notes.

No one.
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

superninjakiwi
Cadet
Cadet

Post by superninjakiwi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:19 pm

They are human, you need a government sheet, hold on while i make one for you. the Race is well enough known that i think only ach needs insight as to how they work.

EDIT: did it.

superninjakiwi
Cadet
Cadet

Post by superninjakiwi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, the main problem is, they wouldn't have been sent through the anomaly with the others because this is a joint effort, everyone is equal. Besides, I was thinking more of physical weaknesses, think about if you are fighting them. If they have no weakness other than the reason that caused the war between you, it wouldn't really be that fair. The weakness needs to be something that some people could use against you, particularly in combat, but others cannot. For instance, with the Kikiwi, they can beat anyone in hand to hand combat, hands down(and cut off). But due to the fact that they cannot wield guns, those creatures that excel at range could easily overpower them. Ways of thinking are irrelevant.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Alright, I'll redo it and think of something.

superninjakiwi
Cadet
Cadet

Post by superninjakiwi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 am

Ok, thanks. Also, the ship sheet is ready.

I think that one weakness they could have is their reflexes. with slow reflexes, they would not be the most effective fighter pilots, and it would be harder to dodge shots from enemies. On the other hand, they are kinda like a fast, flying tank, so they could take a bit of damage.

superninjakiwi
Cadet
Cadet

Post by superninjakiwi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 am

Well, this is going to be pathetic if no one else joins. Just plain boring.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 am

I'm sorry kiwi, I'm just not interested in RP's until we get the main RP up.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:51 pm

If the new RP has any mention of 'heirarch fenway', or 'space-time continuum' I will personally shoot Fen with a blunderbuss at point blank range.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Breaking News- New main RP will have Hierarch Fenway break the space-time continuum!

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm

News- New POUND-C4K5 cannons being constructed!

and BRAN-FLAKES AA gun
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Vinyl's-Current-Faction's News Network: *Static or something because everyone there died, like 8/9 of all my factions*
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

superninjakiwi
Cadet
Cadet

Post by superninjakiwi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:43 am

welp, this was a bust. a mod can remove this now i guess.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Fo' Sho' Kiwi, fo' sho'...
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:21 pm

A lot of RP's were bust. Most successful was the Faction RP's, but I'm STILL ironing the wrinkles out.