City Generation/Construction

All content discussion will take place here. Any topic that is based upon a phase 2 section must have a link back to that topic.

Should cities be generated by the computer?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Yes, cities should be generated as part of terrain generation, similar to how villages generate now.
1
10%
No, cities should be built by players.
9
90%
 
Total votes : 10
User avatar
Developer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Progress to next rank:
62%
 

Posts: 727

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:39 am

Affiliation: Aye-Aye

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Any city is going to be ruins after Futurecraft PVP takes place. Just throwing that out there.
User avatar
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
21.2%
 

Posts: 2414

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Location: -> HERE <-

Affiliation: UTN

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:13 am

Re: City Generation/Construction

Well and if all the cities that ever exist are ruins ? That is what apocalypse is called so stop playing dumb with me ppl ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN
User avatar
Developer
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
95.6%
 

Posts: 2968

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 am

Location: Yes

Affiliation: NSCD

IGN: Currently:Small_Bear

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:59 am

Re: City Generation/Construction

Iv121 wrote:Well and if all the cities that ever exist are ruins ? That is what apocalypse is called so stop playing dumb with me ppl ...


Not every city will be ruins...

Stop playing dumb with us.
Spoiler:
Image



Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!


Image


Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 

Posts: 4205

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am

Location: Sol IIIa, School of Hard Knocks

Affiliation: CNI

IGN: FC_Rangefinder

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Iv. Cities will get ruined by warfare. Not every server will have warfare.

Largest we'll have is a Planetary-scale apocalypse.
Image
User avatar
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
21.2%
 

Posts: 2414

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Location: -> HERE <-

Affiliation: UTN

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Well that means the cities you make are ruins form the very start, or at least empty skeletons as you cannot populate them physically if you don't do it my way. If you do it my way I won't care as much if you blow up a city or two but otherwise my argument stands valid , it will never feel alive.

BTW the stuff I just wrote above was written for like the 1000th time , it seems you really don't bother to read what I say ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN
User avatar
Developer
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
95.6%
 

Posts: 2968

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 am

Location: Yes

Affiliation: NSCD

IGN: Currently:Small_Bear

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

*facepalm*
Spoiler:
Image



Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!


Image


Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 

Posts: 4205

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am

Location: Sol IIIa, School of Hard Knocks

Affiliation: CNI

IGN: FC_Rangefinder

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Iv. Read this carefully, please:

CITIES DO NOT NEED TO BE POPULATED.

CITIES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO LOOK GOOD.

CITIES ARE NOT GOING TO BE RUINED UNLESS PVP HAPPENS WITHIN THEM.

Also, this discussion is irrelevant. Majority rules sez there will be no generated cities.


If you want hyper-immersion, go play Mass Effect.
Image
User avatar
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
21.2%
 

Posts: 2414

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Location: -> HERE <-

Affiliation: UTN

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Thanks for letting me know of how you envision cities but I already heard it 1000 times and actually listened to it unlike you, all I did was telling you how I envision them.

Also that is not wise to tell me go to hell (that is what's written there). I already know that you don't give a s*** about my opinion no need to keep throwing it in my face. Just what you need to understand and still can't is the difference between majority rules and dictatorship of the majority.

Finally before you say what you currently have in mind - wait wait here it comes : Iv is crying because he lost in the argument ! Nailed it huh ? I'll answer this - you want it ? You got it , you won, Im not going to argue, Im not whining either, but just keep in mind that you cannot keep excluding me on every single thing you do all the time (that is what you do BTW), and don't tell me my ideas are bad, in most cases you barely find arguments against my ideas and the only reason you don't like them is because they differ from yours. Its fine that it goes your way just if the idea is good why not go my way from time to time ?
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN
User avatar
Moderator
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 

Posts: 4205

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am

Location: Sol IIIa, School of Hard Knocks

Affiliation: CNI

IGN: FC_Rangefinder

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Iv121 wrote:Thanks for letting me know of how you envision cities but I already heard it 1000 times and actually listened to it unlike you did, all I did was telling you how I envision them.

Also that is not wise to tell me go to hell (that is what's written there). I already know that you don't give a s*** about my opinion no need to keep throwing it in my face. Just what you need to understand and still can't is the difference between majority rules and dictatorship of the majority.

You're overreacting. We're not adding a cosmetic feature to Futurecraft because a poll set up recently indicated the majority were not infavour of it.

Please stop acting like we're all out to get you; I was simply pointing out the flaws in your argument. I was not making a personal attack on you.

And do not assume I didn't read you posts- I did. It just did not change my argument.

Also, this is majority rules. The only reason dictatorship of the majority has been mentioned is because you do not like tge decision made by the community. Please try to see this as a dev team in training, not a horde of angry gamers trying to make you feel bad, as the latter isn't what FCF is.
Image
User avatar
Developer
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
95.6%
 

Posts: 2968

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 am

Location: Yes

Affiliation: NSCD

IGN: Currently:Small_Bear

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

That was less "go to hell" more "pull your head out your arse" from me just to clarify.
Spoiler:
Image



Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!


Image


Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 

Posts: 4205

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am

Location: Sol IIIa, School of Hard Knocks

Affiliation: CNI

IGN: FC_Rangefinder

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Less a "pull your head out of your arse" and more a "Please stop overreacting".
Image
User avatar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Progress to next rank:
9.2%
 

Posts: 1853

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Cities won't be ruined if we make them worth protecting and have a balanced means of protecting them.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford

[spoiler]
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *
User avatar
Moderator
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 

Posts: 4205

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am

Location: Sol IIIa, School of Hard Knocks

Affiliation: CNI

IGN: FC_Rangefinder

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

AFAIK, there will be ground-based shield generators.
Image
User avatar
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 

Posts: 3021

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Location: In a universe.

Affiliation: [redacted]

IGN: Ivan2006

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Commander Error wrote:AFAIK, there will be ground-based shield generators.

^this
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.

Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough

Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time

CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied
User avatar
Captain
Captain
Progress to next rank:
33.6%
 

Posts: 1188

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 am

IGN: Saravanth

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Re: City Generation/Construction

Those'd be just a part of the cake... But I agree.
5241

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3









Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.
PreviousNext

Return to Phase 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron