What Does Y'All Look Like

Post yer RPs here.

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Progress to next rank:
9.2%

Post Wed May 21, 2014 12:30 am

Re: What Does Y'All Look Like

Why would a homogeneous nation of them be formed in a few centuries?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford

[spoiler]
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

CMA

Captain
Captain
Progress to next rank:
12.1%

Affiliation: Byzantine Falangists

Post Wed May 21, 2014 10:54 am

catsonmeth wrote:A certain degree of realism has to be maintained, especially for human factions. The humans will all have to be pretty deeply intertwined, at least for the first few centuries.

Is the wiki useful yet? I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do and it'll be pretty easy to work around any sort of complexity. As for Lebanese and Greeks mixing, I just mean that I'm ripping off the military and social images/customs of the Spanish and Lebanese IRL Falange, and applying it to the Greeks. Tl;dr it's a foundation(As in Isaac Asimov) sort of thing, small population with a large amount of capital goes out to colonize a distant area of space.
Last edited by CMA on Wed May 21, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
21.2%

Affiliation: UTN

Post Wed May 21, 2014 10:58 am

Then at least go to the wealthier and healthier neighbours like Egypt or perhaps even Tourkey if you care less about racial origin. Its a weird combo no matter how you look at it though.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

CMA

Captain
Captain
Progress to next rank:
12.1%

Post Wed May 21, 2014 11:07 am

Iv121 wrote:Its a weird combo no matter how you look at it though.

That's kind of the point. Egyptian Coptics might be a good thing to include, though, a big reason why I chose the Greeks is I wanted to mess around with theology IN SPAAAAACE.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
21.2%

Post Wed May 21, 2014 11:42 am

Coptics ? Oh well I just quit asking, in fact Id suggest you to remove the nationality out of the equation entirely, realistically speaking for some nation that is not even tied to those things anymore this is a meaningless mean of identification in the space age.

CMA

Captain
Captain
Progress to next rank:
12.1%

Post Wed May 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Iv121 wrote:Coptics ? Oh well I just quit asking, in fact Id suggest you to remove the nationality out of the equation entirely, realistically speaking for some nation that is not even tied to those things anymore this is a meaningless mean of identification in the space age.

The Coptic Orthodox Church(es) have at least 100,000 members, why would they all die out? Either way, the primary ethnicity will be Greek, as much as Greeks are still Greek anyway.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
21.2%

Post Wed May 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Its not about dying out, rather how the Coptics decided they are from now on a space faring nation that should somehow circumvent the Egyptian government in the process of development, its too unlikely ... and irrelevant. That’s not what you were asked about when you were asked to describe your nation, those factors of nationality become rather irrelevant in space age as I already said. If you want to define specific racial looks use something more generic such as "Middle Eastern" (Often referred to as oriental even though you can generally refer like that to anyone from the east including Chinese and crap ... well for them we have a specific world in reserve called "Asian"), black , Mexican, white etc.

Last thing you want ppl to do when you try to describe racial looks is to imagine what the hell a Lebanese or Coptic look like.

Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Affiliation: CNI

IGN: FC_Rangefinder

Post Wed May 21, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm pretty sure this is far enough in the future that racial lines are seriously blurred.

Or people finally realized racism is bad, and so it doesn't matter.
Developer
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
95.6%

Affiliation: NSCD

IGN: Currently:Small_Bear

Post Wed May 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Standard NSCD droid
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Progress to next rank:
17.6%

Affiliation: GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post Wed May 21, 2014 3:15 pm

You said that was a megaman style Omega just a month back :l
Spoiler:
Commodore
Commodore
Progress to next rank:
20.7%

Affiliation: Kzinti Empire

Post Wed May 21, 2014 3:24 pm

IIRC he's used more or less that same concept for about two years, so who knows. xD
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")
Developer
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Progress to next rank:
95.6%

Affiliation: NSCD

IGN: Currently:Small_Bear

Post Wed May 21, 2014 3:30 pm

I was probably talking about the Omega from megaman I named Omega after.

I also don't recall ever saying this was Omega.
Spoiler:

Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

CMA

Captain
Captain
Progress to next rank:
12.1%

Post Wed May 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Iv121 wrote:Its not about dying out, rather how the Coptics decided they are from now on a space faring nation that should somehow circumvent the Egyptian government in the process of development, its too unlikely ... and irrelevant. That’s not what you were asked about when you were asked to describe your nation, those factors of nationality become rather irrelevant in space age as I already said. If you want to define specific racial looks use something more generic such as "Middle Eastern" (Often referred to as oriental even though you can generally refer like that to anyone from the east including Chinese and crap ... well for them we have a specific world in reserve called "Asian"), black , Mexican, white etc.

Last thing you want ppl to do when you try to describe racial looks is to imagine what the hell a Lebanese or Coptic look like.

Seeing how I live in a town where people fly Welsh flags on St. Davids day, I think you're underestimating the power of people's ability to hold onto tradition. Hell, Israel is living proof of that. Also, I'll say this again, MY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE GREEK.
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Progress to next rank:
9.2%

Post Wed May 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:I'm pretty sure this is far enough in the future that racial lines are seriously blurred.

Or people finally realized racism is bad, and so it doesn't matter.

Racial lines will last for a much longer time than the one and a half centuries between now and the (fc canon) development of human FTL.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford

[spoiler]
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *
Midshipman
Midshipman
Progress to next rank:
83%

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:11 am

I hope I don't necro this thread, but I just found a picture, showing how at least one part of my race would look like, Here you go:

This is not my picture, but it looked exactly like I imagine an alien, that lives under the surface of an ice-moon, where the pressure of the water is really high, i.e. my race.

This is the maker of this picture http://masterofgeckos.deviantart.com
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"
PreviousNext

Return to Futurecraft Roleplay